Coffee drinkers out there?

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Coffee drinkers out there?

Post by Gary Brantley »

As I listen to the coffee maker burbling along, I'm curious about other folks and their coffee habits. Is it a daily routine (ritual :grin: ) for you? What sort of coffee do you make and like? I bet some of you have some really fancy coffee makers out there. My daughter buys coffee machines that I can't even figure out how to use, and neither can my son-in-law! I use a pretty basic drip machine; a Mr. Coffee rig at the present time. I've had crappy luck with Black&Decker coffee makers but this one seems better.

My biggest gripe is the damned coffee doesn't get hot enough. You'd better drink it pretty quick or have an insulated mug because it ain't really hot to begin with. We were watching a commercial and two guys were talking over coffee. The cups were just steaming and I told Jackie that they must be using a percolator! I did use one for a few years a long time ago and always kept an ancient aluminum percolator in my camping "grub box" for campfire coffee. I guess people are just too stupid nowadays to be trusted with steaming hot coffee from a dripper. :wink:

I had been drinking Maxwell House or Folgers for years but now it's mostly a brand in 12 oz. bags called Wide Awake Coffee Company. Like Jules said in Pulp Fiction, "Damn Jimmy, this is some gourmet shit" :lol: I'm hardly a gourmet but it does taste way better than Folgers!

So let's hear about your coffee my friends! Spill the beans (sorry, just couldn't help meself! :lol: ) and tell us about it. :grin:
LyleW
Admin

Re: Coffee drinkers out there?

Post by LyleW »

Well, it lets me get clothes on properly. Normally, it iso Lyle a morning drink, but I take an insulated vessel with me when I go down to the Piddle Palace. Don’t like iced coffee, but will drink it cold from the cup.

Right now we have an 4-12 cup adjustable drip machine. My dear mother only used an aluminum (or whatever we could find as they needed replacing. Never had a drip, only a percolator. She would often line the basket with a paper towel. Make a full pot, have some in the morning and then reheat it (okay, boil) all day long. You did not want that coffee at dinner! Army coffee at it best.

Wife likes Dunkin Doughnuts, so, that is what I buy. Or, store brand. Nowhere close to an aficionado in that respect. Hate Starbucks, and most foo-foo restaurants in-house brews.

Usually add a couple of ice cubes to the tall mug.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Yes I drink coffee. But it’s whatever mama makes on whichever device we happen to have at the time, or whatever the restaurant is serving. I’m no coffee connoisseur, aficionado, etc. Just give me a bit of sugar to put in there, and I’m fine. Make it black and sweet. :whistle: Since I’ve retired, I do not drink coffee in anywhere near the amounts nor as frequently as when I was working.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

When I was flying I drank gallons of coffee in the later years as in King Airs and Citations the Mapco was within reach of the cockpit and kept the coffee hot all day long without scorching it. If I was stuck in the office we always had a coffee maker so it was coffee all day long. The Mapco was filled in the morning from coffee made in a drip appliance. Fresh ground was definitely better but we mostly used canned grounds as there was enough to do getting ready on time. I wish I had a Mapco, it was powered from the aircraft 24 volt system. Nowdays I make a cup in the morning using one of those Keurig things. I always used to drink it black, but now I heavily adulterate it with chocolate powder. Sue me.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Coffee is nasty. That is all. :tease:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

I second this lol
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Tojo72
Master Member

Post by Tojo72 »

Never had a cup of coffee in my life, coffee ice cream or mocha yes,but never coffee
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Interesting responses gentlemen! Thanks!

I drink the first few cups black. I like to taste the nutty flavor of good coffee without any "thinners". And when I used a grinder and "rolled my own", it was better still. But after a few cups of that, I'll have one or two more with sweetener and some plain Coffeemate or some flavored Coffeemate creamer like hazelnut. Rarely, I'll brew a small lot in early evening.

When my children are home with their kids, one of them sometimes gets up before I do and I love to awaken to the smell of that fresh brewing coffee! Mmmm. My oldest granddaughter, Nora, would sip a little black coffee with me sometimes; not so much lately. My daughter-in-law did not approve. :wink:
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

:hmm: ah yes, waking up to the smell of fresh coffee…. Always pleasant…
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Or bacon being cooked.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..

Return to “Free Discussion”