Just had an interesting discussion with the service dept

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
LyleW
Admin

Re: Just had an interesting discussion with the service dept

Post by LyleW »

Stuart wrote:
BlackSheep214 wrote:Just don't take it to a Ford dealership for oil changes.... :whistle: :bag:
you're supposed to change the oil????
Nah...just add some every now and then, like when it starts clinking around.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

BlackSheep214 wrote:Just don't take it to a Ford dealership for oil changes.... :whistle: :bag:
That ain’t going to happen. The only reason went to the Chevy place was I bought it there and the Nissan dealership about half a mile down the road were jerks.

This one will go to where we bought it.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Medicman71 wrote:Nice deal of the trade in. Now's the time to trade a used vehicle in. My parents traded a Toyota Tacoma in for a used but much newer Toyota Tundra. They got an absolutely insane deal on it and the truck is awesome!
That it is. I got more than the tax/tag renewal (I just paid on Monday) said it was worth. No complaints.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Wow, that is quite the story Lyle! I'm glad you got home safe and that you got a new and better car with a better deal out of it.

As for me, I have been driving Nissans for 25 years now. My first one after coming to California was a 1986 Nissan Sentra. I drove that for 18 years and put 697,000 miles on it before the head gasket went bad. By that time, Blue Book on that car was about 150 bucks, and the repair was gonna cost me 1500. Yeah, I called a car donation place that paid me $300.00 and took it away. I admit, I did cry. Sue me! :ballbat:

My next one was a Nissan pickup hardbody, 1993. I paid cash and took it home. I had to replace the back bumper, tailgate and sunshields but I still got deals on all of that. My wife also sprung for a lumber rack on top and the guy I was working for gave me a free truckbed toolbox and helped me install it. That little truck is the little engine that could: On one job I hauled 1860 pounds of stucco mix over a hill in that truck and that little four banger engine made it all the way without breaking a sweat. She's also carried a prehung sliding glass door along with 1/4 of a skid of lumber; five 20' palm trees three times, for a total of fifteen trees delivered to out Hobby Day Hall for planting, and a full set of industrial strength scaffolding.. which we couldn't use because the house I was working on was too close to the neighbor's house to fit the scaffold! :headbang:

So far that little truck has 284,000 miles on it and is still going strong. Yeah, I do love Nissans! To me they are the Timex of the automotive world: they take a lickin' and keep on tickin'!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Free Discussion”