Just had an interesting discussion with the service dept

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Re: Just had an interesting discussion with the service dept

Post by scorpiomikey »

Did they forget the bung? Or the crush washer?
Had a 98 toyota camry. Regular services, kept it in good nic. Its now needing a new voltage regulator and a new cam belt and the car isnt worth the cost to do both.
I now have a 2008 Mazda Atenza wagon. The airbag computer cooked last year. Other than that absolutly zero issues. Until the neighbor reversed into it while backing out of her drive :lol:
You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Well they fixed it. Seems they had two types of filters in stock That would “fit” the car. The one the used did not. Something in how the gasket sat. Anyway, they changed what oil was left (1.5 qts): new filter, cleaned it up and gave me two free oil changes.

Then we traded it in on a 2021 Equinox. Got a pretty good deal, I think. We paid 20K in 2018 for the Rogue, and got15K in trade, 2,500 cas rebate and put 5K cash towards it. I’ll post a pic or two later. Had 4 miles on It.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Nice trade!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

I agree! You guys are good to go now. The engine had 1.5 quarts eh? :sad: I would've traded too upon learning that news. Our old Trooper has the GM 2.8 V-6 engine and it's always been pretty anemic. A friend from East Texas said it wouldn't pull a sick whore off a commode. And he would know. :lol: But with a rear-end gear ratio of 4:55 it never needed much horsepower. Or oil. Sometimes I've gotten ready to take her in for an oil change and found there wasn't any showing on the dipstick. I don't have any idea where it goes; no leaks or much smoke either. I've even poured in a couple quarts of cheap oil just to avoid the embarrassment of taking her in that way. I told my mechanic (a HS classmate) that, and told him I hated to bring it in empty. He replied that it wouldn't be the first time! :shocked:

I had a Honda CL450 DOHC(Scrambler model) back in the early '70s that ran real low on oil too once. Seized up real good and I sold it to the Honda dealer for parts...got $200. Boy, did I hear about that oil from my Dad!?! :wink: :grin:

What color is the new ride Lyle?
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Same as the Rogue. A dark blue.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

That's cool Lyle.

We've had Nissan's for the past ten years - never had a serious problem with any off them (touch wood) but then none have got over the 100k mark.

Everybody laughs at my little i10, but that sucker jut went past 178k and it's still going strong.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Just don't take it to a Ford dealership for oil changes.... :whistle: :bag:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

you're supposed to change the oil????
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Who knew, right?!? :lol:
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Nice deal of the trade in. Now's the time to trade a used vehicle in. My parents traded a Toyota Tacoma in for a used but much newer Toyota Tundra. They got an absolutely insane deal on it and the truck is awesome!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault

Return to “Free Discussion”