Music hath charms

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Tojo72
Master Member

Re: Music hath charms

Post by Tojo72 »

Glad you enjoyed it Lyle,when it got hot we watched from the concourse on the first level good views all around.
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

Mostly have the tv on, these days.
Sabaton is great for "metalhead" modelers (they're all about war/military history).
I've also been really digging "Ghost" lately.
Music moods vary...usually European "power metal".....or Simon/Garfunkel, Jim Croce.
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Ghost BC are amazing I know they get called the Scooby Doo villain of metal bands but Tobias has a voice of a angel. The song square hammer and dance macabre I have to listen to at least once a night at work. It's also been confirmed that Dave Grohl played with them a number of times as a unnamed ghoul.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

Ghost BC are amazing I know they get called the Scooby Doo villain of metal bands but Tobias has a voice of a angel. The song square hammer and dance macabre I have to listen to at least once a night at work. It's also been confirmed that Dave Grohl played with them a number of times as a unnamed ghoul.[/quote]

Ghost took me a while to get into.
Went to a Volbeat show a while back and Ghost was opening. Hadn't heard of them at the time. We just caught their last song...it sounded great but the costumes/theatrics turned me off. A couple years pass, and "Rats" is on the radio...sounds a bit like A7X (other than the chorus)...I dug it. Put the album on youtube. 1st time around..."it's okay"...2nd, pretty good....3rd "This is GREAT!!!".
"Tobias has a voice of a angel"...True story!!!
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

I haven't got to see them live yet, they're not touring this year and working on a new album. I first heard them on XM liquid metal the song Ritual and instantly said who's this? That voice is amazing.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Dragline
Advanced Member

Post by Dragline »

Glad to see the Metalheads speak up here. I'm currently listening to Animals As Leaders and some Mahavishnu Orchestra. Never got into Ghost and I'll certainly check them closer. A little doomy from what I remember.

Sevendust and Overkill are my go to's a lot of times.
Now that we know that.... What have we learned?...
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Well I'll add to the metal heads here. Classic rock, Hair metal, thrash, Prog metal, etc. I almost always have music playing. I have an old iPod and my current iPhone that has all my music on them. At home it's the iPod plugged into Creative speakers with a bass speaker under the bench. I've had them for over 10 yrs and they still sound perfect. In the truck I use bluetooth to play my music from my phone. I was on a Slipknot kick today. My favorites are Rush, Dream Theater, Volbeat, Trivium, Anthrax, A7X, Iron Maiden, Nightwish to name a few. I like Ghost as well. I just haven't gotten any of their albums yet though.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Oh, you crazy kids and your "stab yer momma, kill yer daddy" music! :lol: I enjoy reading about your favorites but have to admit to being far out of the loop now. :wink:

Here is an old classic from 1972. I doubt if it's familiar to you guys but ya never know. It's somewhat obscure '70s hard rock but it does contain some good guitar chops from the late Larry Reinhardt. Enjoy and celebrate! :grin:

The entire album:

Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

Dragline wrote:
Sevendust and Overkill are my go to's a lot of times.
My band opened for Overkill, back in 94!
We didn't even know they were going to be there until after we played, tore down and loaded up.
As the 3rd band started (we were 2nd), we were still loading our gear...a tour bus and trailer pulled in.
"Is that Bobby Blitz"?...."Did we just open for Overkill"?!!!!
Pretty cool for a bunch of 18-19 year olds!
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Speaking of Heavy Metal, let's see...

Metallica

Rob Zombie

Disturbed - I will play Indestructible really loud with car windows down if some wigger car pulls along side of me playing that rap junk just to piss him off and drown out his "music" (if you want to call it that LOL!)

Megadeth - Will do the same playing Symphony of Destruction :giggles: :giggles: :giggles:

AC/DC - Same with Shoot to Thrill :giggles: :giggles: :giggles:

Ozzy Osbourne
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn

Return to “Free Discussion”