Music hath charms

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Re: Music hath charms

Post by Medicman71 »

When I'm not listening to music, on the weekend I'm watching Nascar races. Watching the Cup cars at Atlanta today.

Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Interesting choices for building. I have a playlist on my Iphone of 70's and 80's rock as well as other songs I listened to in my youth. I just plug my phone into a small speaker that my wife got me and hit 'play'. For such a small speaker, that thing puts out some awesome sound.

If I'm not listening to music, I'll call some friends and chat on speaker with anyone who has the time to chat.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

Dragline wrote:
Fermis wrote:
My band opened for Overkill, back in 94!
We didn't even know they were going to be there until after we played, tore down and loaded up.
As the 3rd band started (we were 2nd), we were still loading our gear...a tour bus and trailer pulled in.
"Is that Bobby Blitz"?...."Did we just open for Overkill"?!!!!
Pretty cool for a bunch of 18-19 year olds!
NO Shit! We opened for the at The Living Room in Prov RI back in about 87. Small world when it comes to music.
It is / can be!

My last band had a few "decent" gigs, opening for national bands...not any big names for the most part, and most were unmemorable.
The 1st "bigger" name was "Mobile Deathcamp" (ex-Gwar...guitarist?).
The biggest though, was Testament (with Unearth and Lazarus AD) back in 2012. Testament had been in my top 5 list of "hero's" since the late 80's!
Dragline
Advanced Member

Post by Dragline »

My last band had a few "decent" gigs, opening for national bands...not any big names for the most part, and most were unmemorable.
The 1st "bigger" name was "Mobile Deathcamp" (ex-Gwar...guitarist?).
The biggest though, was Testament (with Unearth and Lazarus AD) back in 2012. Testament had been in my top 5 list of "hero's" since the late 80's![/quote]

We did the east coast run back then. We played Toads Place [Con], Hammerjacks [Balt], The Living Room, The Paradise [Bos], Abbey Lounge [Bos], Opening for big acts like Death [Church House Inn], Cannibal Corpse [Church House Inn]. We even opened for Killer Dwarfs ,Living Room [Prov]. We wore out two Chevy vans from 84 to 89. Had one Model 6 stolen along with a few pedals. Drank and did various other things with so many other musicians of note. We used to drink Alalbama Slammers with Savatage every time they came to town. Opened for them 3 times. They would ask for us by name. I still talk to John Oliva from time to time. Got to impress a lady friend back in Baltimore when TSO came to town. I introduced her to John and Alex Skolnik after the show. Last time we opened for them was Club Baby Head [Prov] after Chris was killed. John got a little distant after that but he came around some years later. Talk about dropping names...
Now that we know that.... What have we learned?...

Return to “Free Discussion”