I'm Moving

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
LyleW
Admin

Re: I'm Moving

Post by LyleW »

Medicman71 wrote:That's exactly what I'm going to do. Laying a blanket down in the back of my truck and putting the completed models on it for the short trip to the new house.
You know, you could have called. We would have helped with the stash.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Hmmm.....let me think, NO!!! :nono:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

:rofl:
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Medicman71 wrote:That's exactly what I'm going to do. Laying a blanket down in the back of my truck and putting the completed models on it for the short trip to the new house.
Just make sure they don't try and takeoff
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Hey guys! We're finally moved in and it was an absolute nightmare but not because of any of the moving.

My Millie girl had to be laid to rest about a week and a half ago. It started the day we moved (Thursday the 22nd) when she had a seizure at 5 in the morning. It was a textbook seizure too. Took her to the Vet ER and all her labs and chest x-ray were perfect. Took her to MiL's while we moved. She remained fine till 10:30 that night and she had another seizure. This one was much worse and took her longer to come out of. Took her back to the ER and they put her on anti-seizure meds. She was doing ok with the exception of the "drug fog" that everyone said that she would get used to. Then on Monday the 26th she started going downhill. She was showing all the signs of a brain tumor. I was afraid that might be the problem when she had the seizures and her labs were ok. She wondered around the house aimlessly like she didn't know what or where she was. She went out into the back yard and did the drunk walk, another tell tale sign of a brain tumor. Later that night she stated hyperventilating and we took her back to the ER. They said her heart rate was in the 50's (should be 90-100). The vet said that in her opinion, it was a brain tumor. We decided that we couldn't let her suffer. When they took us into a room so we could be with her in her last moments, she acted like she didn't know us. Then she did the one thing that is 100% sign of a brain tumor, she pressed her head against the wall. It's been devastating. She was only 7 and it hasn't even been a year since we lost our other dog to cancer. Me and SWMBO have been having a hard time with it cause it was so sudden and she was so young. Damn it, I'm getting all weepy just writing this.

Mike

Tojo72
Master Member

Post by Tojo72 »

Very sad to lose your pet, my condolences.Our cat died a month before we moved,we always think back and say I wonder how she would have enjoyed the new place,what would have been her favorite spot.

Again my condolences
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Oh my gosh Mike I'm so sorry. I think it's harder to loose a pet because they don't know what going on and you can't tell them.
She will never leave your heart my friend and nothing can replace her.
When my Lab "Dallas" passed about three years ago I still think about him and call my new lab "Dakota" Dallas on occasion. When I do that I love on him even more. Dakota can't replace Dallas even though he's a spitting image of him, but I can sure hug both of them at once. :wub:

Your Millie needed you and you and you came through for her like she did for you for seven years.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Mike, I’m am very sorry to hear of your loss. Each dog we have in our family is quite special. And the longer that they are with us, the bigger a piece of our heart the take up. At least she is no longer suffering. You did the right thing, no matter how hard that is to do. Her pain is gone now.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Thanks guys! She was only 7 and she loved everyone and you couldn't help but fall in love with her. I had already planned on making a spot in the new model room for her too. It was just way to early to lose her.
Mike

keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Damn - sorry Mike. Poor pup. It's so tough to have to make that call.
Thanks,
John

Return to “Free Discussion”