Early morning activity

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Stikpusher

Early morning activity

Post by Stikpusher »

This morning I did a nice little bike ride a bit after sunrise. Another monsoon rain blew through last night around 3am and left just as the sun was coming up. It was a bit cooler, in the low 80’s, but quite muggy. At the end of the road where “civilization” ends, I stopped, took a few photos, and then rode on back home…

End of the road… that way is wilderness and eventually, Mexico

Looking east at Estrella Mountain

Yours truly at the end of the road…
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
KSaarni
Elite Member

Re: Early morning activity

Post by KSaarni »

Wouh, great pictures of a hot looking place!

How many miles / km did you bike ?

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I rode 12 mi./20 km this morning. Keeping it short at this time of year to beat the real heat. It was actually pretty pleasant this morning, hot but not too hot.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

Cool! A dead end road. It's been used metaphorically to death, but here our own Carlos is standing on it for real.
Not much traffic there, eh? Must be a lovely place to ride your bike until the Californian sun rises and makes that tarmac a frying pan.
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Looks like the start of a great day. Where in AZ are you?
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

mostrich wrote:Cool! A dead end road. It's been used metaphorically to death, but here our own Carlos is standing on it for real.
Not much traffic there, eh? Must be a lovely place to ride your bike until the Californian sun rises and makes that tarmac a frying pan.
Yup… a real honest to goodness end of the road… there are actually quite a few around here… lol! And no, not much traffic on this particular stretch… that starts about a km down the hill at the entry to a senior community… :shocked:
keavdog wrote:Looks like the start of a great day. Where in AZ are you?
S/W edge of Goodyear… and yes, it was a great way to start the day.

FLSM
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

Stikpusher wrote:… that starts about a km down the hill at the entry to a senior community… :shocked:
Okay, in that area you ALWAYS need to wear that helmet. :giggles:
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Looking good Carlos! Beautiful pics!

Man, I want to be there so bad!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

mostrich wrote:
Stikpusher wrote:… that starts about a km down the hill at the entry to a senior community… :shocked:
Okay, in that area you ALWAYS need to wear that helmet. :giggles:
You can say that again! Another reason to ride early, as they don’t come out of there until later in the day… :giggles:
Duke Maddog wrote:Looking good Carlos! Beautiful pics!

Man, I want to be there so bad!
Thanks Mark. I love it here, although I do t think I would enjoy being in the middle of town so much. Being on the outskirts make it much more enjoyable. You could likely sell your place there, get a bigger place here, and then go to work here in your field with no problem. There is so much construction going on in the whole Phoenix area.

FLSM
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Nice shots Carlos!! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: I know all about 80 ish degrees with high humidity and you're right......makes for a nasty feeling day.

Return to “Free Discussion”