Perhaps a stupid idea...

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Perhaps a stupid idea...

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Sooo I was thinking, while inhaling too much polish :quotes: , what would be a fun thing to do this Christmas? I had some ideas for gifts I want to make for my family, one being a lit USS Excelsior for a family member.

Then I had a thought. Wouldn't a Christmas group build be a fun idea? But there's a twist. Those who enter, randomly draw a name and their build goes to the name they drew. This would require some rules as no one here has exactly the same skill set, and the amount of time/money spent on one model varies incredibly from one to another.

But it would still be fun would it not? Maybe it is a dumb idea, but perhaps its dumb enough to work.

What are your thoughts?
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
LyleW
Admin

Re: Perhaps a stupid idea...

Post by LyleW »

Hmmm.....shipping the item could be a problem, you know how gently delivery services handle things! But, interesting. We should mull it over and see what could be come up with.

Maybe a “white elephant” deal based upon a name drawn.
Something you don’t normally build?
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Oh yeah. Shipping....

I don't really know what you mean by white elephant.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

The best thing would be to google it! To much typing on the ipad :headbang: it would not really work, as practiced,
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

We do a Secret Santa gift exchange every Christmas over on FSM. About 20 or so folks participate. You send the guy that runs it your name, address and general interests and he randomly picks someone and sends you their information. You buy and send a model kit by Christmas and you receive one. Really fun to open on Christmas morning. Keep the prices reasonable e.g. < $50.00. This is my 3rd year participating and its been a lot of fun.
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Heard of that one.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Don’t stopthrowing ideas out, and noodling them around! Gets old brains working. You are most definitely a terrific asset!
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Finally! My age is not a disadvantage! :giggles:
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

keavdog wrote:We do a Secret Santa gift exchange every Christmas over on FSM. About 20 or so folks participate. You send the guy that runs it your name, address and general interests and he randomly picks someone and sends you their information. You buy and send a model kit by Christmas and you receive one. Really fun to open on Christmas morning. Keep the prices reasonable e.g. < $50.00. This is my 3rd year participating and its been a lot of fun.
I think something like that, but with built kits. So its kind of personal?
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Ceaser_Sa1ad wrote:
LyleW wrote:
Don’t stopthrowing ideas out, and noodling them around! Gets old brains working. You are most definitely a terrific asset!
Finally! My age is not a disadvantage! :giggles:
Only when it is your turn to buy the drinks! Twenty-one down here.

Return to “Free Discussion”