My grandaughter Leila Grace

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
speedgraflex

Re: My grandaughter Leila Grace

Post by speedgraflex »

Wishing her a speedy recovery!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Lyle, she's beautiful! I can see she's quite the fighter as well. I'm glad the surgery went well and I'll be praying for a swift and full recovery. Let her know we are all pulling for her.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Livin’ the life.

This is her mama’ update...

Leila is home and resting. She is such a tough little girl! Like always she impressed the doctors and nurses with her curiosity of all things medical, her determination, independence, and all over attitude. More than one nurse mentioned that she was their favorite patient ever.
She will have this lovely brace on doe about 7 weeks. She currently has a “pain ball” which is attached to catheter in her leg that will deliver constant pain meds to the leg for 72 hours. She is also prescribed pain meds and anti inflammatory meds for a few days.
She has a very nice electric ice pack/cooler that she is to use 30 on/30 off until Thursday and then as needed.
On Thursday we have to take the catheter out of her leg and the gauze and bandages off.
She will be on crutches until she can tolerate the pain with weight.
Post op visit will be in 3 weeks and then she will start PT again.
Recovery time is 4-6 months.
Leila has one speed and that is full speed ahead. This is going to be very rough on her. Especially this week while she has to take it especially easy.

To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Lyle. You have one tough granddaughter. By the sounds of her hidden strength she'll be up before you know it
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Probably so! Thanks, John.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Duke Maddog wrote:Lyle, she's beautiful! I can see she's quite the fighter as well. I'm glad the surgery went well and I'll be praying for a swift and full recovery. Let her know we are all pulling for her.
Thanks, Mark.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Scruffy wrote:Glad it was a quick procedure and that she is already home! That was a pretty eventful morning, what are her plans for the afternoon? :giggles:
Thanks.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

speedgraflex wrote:Wishing her a speedy recovery!
Thank you.
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Glad to hear the surgery went well and everyone is home. Here's to a speedy recoverey.
Thanks,
John
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

keavdog wrote:Glad to hear the surgery went well and everyone is home. Here's to a speedy recoverey.
Hear, hear! Thanks!

Return to “Free Discussion”