Allison PT-6 1/10 scale from Atlantis

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
LyleW
Admin

Allison PT-6 1/10 scale from Atlantis

Post by LyleW »

I fully and completely lay the blame for this purchase on the collective feet of this forum! Well, that and I used the 40% off coupon at HL. Anyway, I have started trying to "catalog" the kits as I buy or start them...scanning the instructions, decals, etc. Here it is. Parts count is 240. It does "operate" by hand rotation of a knob at the rear of the engine. Propeller blades will also change pitch by rotating a section of the tip of the spinner. Ugly plastic colors, though.

As these types of kits do, there is an informational/history of the PT-6 included.

And the sprues, still in the bags. When I open them, if there is interest, I will take some pictures of the sprues.

And, yes, there are even a few decals!

Not too crazy about their style of doing the instructions...way too busy for my taste. I'll get some .jpgs of them later. Apparently, even 400 dpi creates a fjile too large for PostImg to handle, by just enough.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Re: Allison PT-6 1/10 scale from Atlantis

Post by Stikpusher »

Oh I know the sound of that engine well... :hmm: Especially four of them...

This will be a good one to watch! This kit is very tempting... :headslap:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Some of the instruction pages.

To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Colored sprues... yuck!! :headslap: :giggles:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Stikpusher wrote:Oh I know the sound of that engine well... :hmm: Especially four of them...

This will be a good one to watch! This kit is very tempting... :headslap:
Yep, it is so different of a sound from the recipes (duh...), but I love to hear them spool up and go!

It was 50 before coupon...minus 20.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

BlackSheep214 wrote:Colored sprues... yuck!! :headslap: :giggles:
:P1:
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

I started on this. Silly me thought it might be a diversion. Wah, Wah, Wah…

having to trim over 1/16" from each prop blade to make it fit the hub. Yellow arrow is the end of the recess the prop is to fit into. Note the hole lines up with the peg.
Red arrow is the end of the prop blade. White line is, well, you can guess.

BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Time to break out the saw zall...
I imagine that’s typical of the age of the molds and kit brand. Is it battery powered? All in all, it looks like a fun build if there aren’t too many fit issues. Looking forward to seeing more.

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

That’s an easy fix....
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Yup... as long you have the holes as guide to fit.

Just saw it’s not battery powered. Did see warning on last step not to turn prop but turn using knob in back of combustion chamber.
Last edited by BlackSheep214 on Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”