Classic Biplane Duelists

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
LyleW
Admin

Re: Classic Biplane Duelists

Post by LyleW »

speedgraflex wrote:
BlackSheep214 wrote:Is it done yet? :bored: :giggles:
Safely boxed. My buddy will be taking my entire model kit inventory into storage in Utah for the next six months. I may be leaving town for awhile.

Say what?
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Say, “New Chapter” to my life.

I may be “pulling a geographic” as it is known when someone moves to another city to reboot, or in this case, find someone or something new. Hence: new chapter. Hence: old kits go in free storage rather than paid storage.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Well then come on East!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Phoenix is closer than Utah to L.A….. :whistle:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

LyleW wrote:
speedgraflex wrote:Say, “New Chapter” to my life.
I may be “pulling a geographic” as it is known when someone moves to another city to reboot, or in this case, find someone or something new. Hence: new chapter. Hence: old kits go in free storage rather than paid storage.
Well then come on East!
LOL!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

LyleW wrote:Well then come on East!
Yeah the Indiana/Kentucky area is really nice, low taxes, low rents, plenty of jobs for those willing to work, good people and no needles or human waste allover the streets.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

speedgraflex wrote:Say, “New Chapter” to my life.

Bruce,

Ohh!

But I know a place here in Europe where you would certainly enjoy the time !

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Whatever you do, DO NOT move to New York State or Massachusetts. Along with California, they're also the highest taxed state. I live in Central N.Y. but I absolutely hate our perverted governor. He's an @$$hole.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Oh man, all this time I'd been hoping to finally meet you face to face; build alongside you at Hobby Day and possibly even show you my Hobby Room, and now you are going away! So close and yet still too far! Man that BITES!!! :scream: :headbang:

Still, I understand that you gotta do what you gotta do that is right for you. I'm glad you have a friend who is willing to keep your models and tools safe. Personally I like the idea of Phoenix for you; you could then meet Carlos and possibly even drive up with him to the IPMS Nationals in Vegas.

Hey, a man can dream.... :whiteflag:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Thanks, Lyle—I grew up on the East Coast, many fond memories of hunting for arrowheads in the woods, eating pancakes outside on wooden tables, visiting French and Indian, Revolutionary War battlefields, Civil War battlefields, first dance, first kiss, first car as well.

Thanks, Floki—I remember my first Art Show at Purdue University, many good times taking trips in the Midwest in a barely legal Hudson Hornet with a Hurst shifter and drag pipes, first girlfriend and first brush with the reality of making money in order to survive on my own, true people making an honest living, salt of the earth people, farmland and crops and miniature golf; one of the most beautiful sunrises in my life, man, peeping over the fence lines.

Thanks, Carlos—fond memories of the West, always, and I’m not out the door just yet. I’ll add that for Duke’s benefit, too.

Thanks, Kari—when I’m there I’ll find a way to visit you, my friend.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”