M51 Sherman WIP

Here is the place to show off the progress of your armor builds
Tojo72
Master Member

Re: M51 Sherman WIP

Post by Tojo72 »

Nice poses on those figures,they will look good.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks guys!

Joe, that main gun is pretty damn impressive. Had it been around in WWII, it would have turned pretty much any enemy tank into Swiss cheese.

Mark, as nice as it is to watch, it’s more fun to build it.

Tony, as long as I can paint the figures up right, they’ll work just fine.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

So after a week of things going on here of prepping the house for company, then all the associated time spent with said company, plus other assorted happenings, I had to set this project aside. Yesterday I started priming it with Mig Ammo One Shot Primer (oxide brown because Andy’s HHQ was out of black) when partway thru I realized that I had not yet added the planned stowage. I let the stuff dry overnight, then this morning selected, test fitted, and epoxied on some stowage items from my spares collection. Tomorrow I’ll finish up the priming, then get ready for actual painting…

more in a couple of days….
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Yep! That’s stowage alright! Looking good.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Coming along nicely. Stowage looks great - is that specific to the kit? Interesting muzzle brake.
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Lyle & John, thanks.

John, the stowage is all from my spares stuff. None of it is kit or subject specific. The resin stuff is all Value Gear generic that looked the part and fit the areas. The packs are British, but look close enough to IDF stuff to work.

FLSM
Tojo72
Master Member

Post by Tojo72 »

Very nice,I love the Beverly Hillbillies look with stowage looks just right.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Nice work Stik!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks guys!
Tojo72 wrote:Very nice,I love the Beverly Hillbillies look with stowage looks just right.
The Golan Hillbillies? :giggles:

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Now that all the stowage had dried in place I was ready to finish the primer work. But before I did that, I added some brass mesh screen to where the kit supplied nylon mesh, since I did not like the way that stuff looked. Anyways, here it is in Mig Ammo One Shot Oxide Brown

I do like how the Mig primer is tough as nails once it has cured…

FLSM

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”