AMT (Round 2) Mack R685ST

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
Stuart
Elite Member

Re: AMT (Round 2) Mack R685ST

Post by Stuart »

Now that's cool - I love the bonneted (with hoods in US-ese) cabs - Thanks Lyle!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Bit 'O Progress...for the last week or so, it has been quite painful to walk and move around. My back muscles were bothering me then Scooter, the right knee, decided to get into the act. Wowser. Went this mornign to my knee doc. Neat guy...Dr. Steve Makk - highly recommended. Anyway got a steroid/cortisone shot in my knee. X-rays showed a lot of arthritis and bone spurs. Yee haw. So, a late start at the bench today.

This is from the other day. Front suspension is finished. Not big "gotchas" for me, so I am afraid. very afraid.

Putting parts together for the rear suspension...man, is there a lot of flash on this kit.

I need to go watch a video again on this kit. Seems there are some problem areas with the rear suspension.

The engine is painted. I even remembered to tape off the manifold attach points. Rattle can Tamiya Gold, TS-21/

To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

I think the translation should be light grey, the gold will be a great undercoat. Or maybe beige. But not hot pink.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Nice! The engine got some bling color!! LOL! So far so good, Lyle. You got this.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

My favorite part!!! The engine build!!! Coming along nicely with this one Lyle!! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:

Looks like you've got some good reference shots to work with too. To give 'er that worn in look try a subtle dark wash over the whole thing followed by a dry brushing of ground up brown pastel over the engine and tranny. It'll tone down that new looking gold and bring out alot of detail as well as give it a mildly dirty yet clean look.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

jeaton01 wrote:I think the translation should be light grey, the gold will be a great undercoat. Or maybe beige. But not hot pink.
I like the idea of pink. But the gray has merit, too!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

mustang1989 wrote:My favorite part!!! The engine build!!! Coming along nicely with this one Lyle!! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:

Looks like you've got some good reference shots to work with too. To give 'er that worn in look try a subtle dark wash over the whole thing followed by a dry brushing of ground up brown pastel over the engine and tranny. It'll tone down that new looking gold and bring out alot of detail as well as give it a mildly dirty yet clean look.
It is bright...but it is the SPAMmobile! I’ll do something for sure. Great ideas.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

BlackSheep214 wrote:Nice! The engine got some bling color!! LOL! So far so good, Lyle. You got this.
Thank, Tom!
Handiabled
Master Member

Post by Handiabled »

Your moving along really nice Lyle! You'll have a shelf that resembles a truck stop soon at this rate
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thank you, Brent!

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”