Aurora 1/25 King Kong (1933) Resin Upgrade: Kong’s Head

Here is the place to show off the progress on your figurines and dioramas.
speedgraflex

Re: Aurora 1/25 King Kong (1933) Resin Upgrade: Kong’s Head

Post by speedgraflex »

keavdog wrote:Put a beer in his hand and he looks like me on game day :giggles:
Agreed! This is fast become a fun project after all of the earlier struggles. I keep reminding myself that I thought it would take three days to finish. The point was to figure out how to paint the girl in his hand. Good news is that she looks the part. She’s screaming and he’s roaring but after all Kong is a horror film about Beauty meeting the Beast. The other part is Skull Island. Getting Kong balanced on that tiny isthmus of rock has been interesting (challenging) as well.
KSaarni wrote::shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:

- Kari
Kari!! Thank you!!!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

And he looked like he's letting out a massive burp! :giggles: :giggles: :giggles:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Or his team just did a massive screw up…. substitute Faye for a beer can being crushed… :whistle:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Wow, I just finally got caught up with this after two days of Hobby Day. Brilliant work Bruce, the seam work is pristine, perfectly filling the gaps and blending with the rest of Kong. The paint work looks amazing as well.

Ah, Star Trek! My friend Bill and I just finished watching all the episodes on Netflix; some of which I'd never seen before. Talk about memories!

I think I even have a couple Enterprise kits in the stash, including a cutaway version....

Looking forward to seeing more.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Somebody please Beer him now before he takes a bite outta me.
Duke Maddog wrote:Wow, I just finally got caught up with this after two days of Hobby Day. Brilliant work Bruce, the seam work is pristine, perfectly filling the gaps and blending with the rest of Kong. The paint work looks amazing as well.

Ah, Star Trek! My friend Bill and I just finished watching all the episodes on Netflix; some of which I'd never seen before. Talk about memories!

I think I even have a couple Enterprise kits in the stash, including a cutaway version....

Looking forward to seeing more.
Mark,

I’m too high on paint fumes to reply properly. When’s the next Hobby Day?
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Bruce, this one is getting better and better…. I think we found your niche! :shoutout:

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Stikpusher wrote:Bruce, this one is getting better and better…. I think we found your niche! :shoutout:
Yes. What was the best part was just brushing paint for 2-1/2 hours. That new cheap “Army Painter” is perfect paint for this type of kit. I have to admit that I finally saw the light after working on this kit. I mean after five years fiddling here on these forums I just felt more hobby building pleasure with this old kit and simple instructions. I ordered an Aurora Helldiver to see if the fun crosses over to aircraft.

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Cheech & Chong in the Falcon!!! That is too much!

All I can advise on older kits is don’t overthink them. Just build it as designed and see if you find your joy there.

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn

Return to “Work In Progress: Figures and Dios”