1/43 Millennium Falcon (DeAgostini)

Here is the place to show off the progress of your sci-fi builds.
Thomas_M
Admin

Re: 1/43 Millennium Falcon (DeAgostini)

Post by Thomas_M »

James H wrote:Where did you get to on the Stuka?
Just checked it: The Stuka was offered by Hachette, not deAgostini. Looking at your pics there seems to be a steep quality difference in favour of your kit...

I stopped the Stuka some time (years!) ago, but possibly will continue some day. Among some small stuff I got this far:

Last one, not to detract from your work here. The seat cushions are self-made using Magic Sculp:

BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Wow! That's a lot of PE work there Thomas. I'd love to see that one completely finished one day. I understand it's pretty time consuming to build?

I wanna see more of the Falcon too! :giggles: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
James H

Post by James H »

Thomas_M wrote:
James H wrote:Where did you get to on the Stuka?
Just checked it: The Stuka was offered by Hachette, not deAgostini. Looking at your pics there seems to be a steep quality difference in favour of your kit...

I stopped the Stuka some time (years!) ago, but possibly will continue some day. Among some small stuff I got this far:

Last one, not to detract from your work here. The seat cushions are self-made using Magic Sculp:

I see the cushions on this are made from MDF, which is a strange choice. Magic Sculp is a major improvement. I can tell you that I have this kit too. It's a long story! This could be a 2018 project, maybe later, but it is slated for future build. Looks like the canopy has ejector pin marks right in the centre of the panes too!
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Yes, same here: the canopy, the exhaust stubs, gun pods, ... Had they provided those mediocre plastic kits in the first issues to be collected I guess I would have stopped buying them.
James H

Post by James H »

DeAgostini did a superb job of recreating the interior corridors of this, one of the most iconic of all spacecraft. One task they had to do was to introduce the step you see between the main corridor and the curved one. The film didn’t have this due to the film sets, but the model needed it for continuity.

To give you a rough idea of how things will look, the Paragrafix floor is temporarily placed, along with one of the corridor hoops that will be fitted with 18 small cushioned pads. Other cushions will fit to the walls, in between the hoops.

There a few of these corridor hoops to make. My intention is to airbrush and weather the pads whilst fitted to the hoops, then remove them and paint the hoop before reinstating the pads and gluing with Tamiya cement.

mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Lookin' good James..............................REAL good. It's all in the details man...............
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Really nice! The detail given surprises me. Seems to be the best of their kits so far.
James H

Post by James H »

I think so. The hold area is stunning, and the cockpit. So much extra can also be done with it, such as fibre optics etc, and there's a rake of 3D-print stuff too to super-detail it.

I'm also building their R2, and that is stunning! 1/2 scale with camera, hologram unit, voice recognition, and it autonomous, has interactive intelligence, can be controlled via wi-fi with a smartphone, has pop up lightsaber etc. Very cool!

speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Amazing work! I realized that I must thank you out of the realm of Star Wars, but I am compelled because the last three kits (Wingnut Wings Camels, Airfix Mustang) were purchased in part due to your superlative kit reviews. Really, sincerely, your description and photography are most effective and appreciated.

I know this is a work in progress thread for the Falcon; and I do want to thank you for posting your work here.

It is also good to see R2, too... and please do let me know when the studio scale Y-Wing begins. I will be so excited. Please and thanks so much.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
James H

Post by James H »

Your comments on my review work are very much appreciated. Thank you.

I certainly will post that work here for the Falcon, Y-Wing and also R2.

Return to “Work In Progress: Sci-Fi”