Hasegawa "Operation Omega" 1/48 Patrol Hopper.

Here is the place to show off the progress of your sci-fi builds.
Stikpusher

Re: Hasegawa "Operation Omega" 1/48 Patrol Hopper.

Post by Stikpusher »

Excellent work Bruce!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

speedgraflex wrote: Have you seen “Valerian: City of a Thousand Planets”? Space opera with bikini clad beach babies and “Avatar’s” elongated aliens; cameos from Rutger Hauer and Ethan Hawk... and what a shame the brilliance of the comics was sadly reduced to a shadow of its glory.
I have seen that movie and I liked it very much. But I think I am a minority. I like a little t I f Besson’s movies. They are always a bit outlandish.
ImageImageImageImageImage
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

speedgraflex wrote: I hijacked my own thread. Stuart, check out “Altered Carbon.” It’s a fantastic series and self-contained. There is a nifty sequence where the hero buys guns on the black market.
I so absolutely do remember that scene! The humor of the series is subtle and sometimes quite morbid. :giggles:
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

mostrich wrote:
speedgraflex wrote: I hijacked my own thread. Stuart, check out “Altered Carbon.” It’s a fantastic series and self-contained. There is a nifty sequence where the hero buys guns on the black market.
I so absolutely do remember that scene! The humor of the series is subtle and sometimes quite morbid. :giggles:
That's a new one on me - I'll have to see it elsewhere though as I don't have Netflix.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Beautiful work on this guns Bruce! Way to go!

I did see "Valerian" and I have it on DVD too. so you are not in that small a minority Borg. The girl playing the female lead sure has some fine legs! :wub:

These do look like guns from there. Now that you mentioned "Altered Carbon" I might have to watch that since you are working on props for it. Nice!

Keep 'em coming Bruce!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Carlos, thank you so much! Torben! Duke! Stuart! Borg! Hullo! Have you seen “Renegade,” the adaptation of the comic “Blueberry” by Giraud? The Ayahuasca sequence is encroyablé!

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Also I am adding color. Delivery date is Monday, so if I mask tonight, spray tomorrow, I will make the deadline. Methinks. Twelve hours for “Shyte Happens.”

Online “Deviant Art” artist ideas:

Color choices:

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

:popcorn:

I’m just loving the backstage show here...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Stikpusher wrote::popcorn:

I’m just loving the backstage show here...
Me too! :yahoo:

Keep it coming Bruce!
:popcorn:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Work In Progress: Sci-Fi”