Hasegawa "Operation Omega" 1/48 Patrol Hopper.

Here is the place to show off the progress of your sci-fi builds.
speedgraflex

Re: Hasegawa "Operation Omega" 1/48 Patrol Hopper.

Post by speedgraflex »

Thanks for your reply, Stuart! Welcome back from your holidays! (Where did you go?) I placed the order for the Blackbird SR-71 Pilot figure and shapeways is in the process of verifying that the design is printable. I will update everyone on that once I know more.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

speedgraflex wrote:I placed the order for the Blackbird SR-71 Pilot figure and shapeways is in the process of verifying that the design is printable. I will update everyone on that once I know more.
Cooooooool!!!
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Everything that I’ve ordered from shapeways in the past month or so took about 7-10 days from order placement to arrival at my door.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Hi Torben and Carlos, thank you so much for your replies! Happy Monday to you both! I hope to have this project fall together more quickly then the others in my stable, but I took a job detailing and painting a brace of blasters from venerable Nerf Big Shock kits. I need to file off the raised detailing and figure out a method to paint them. I was hoping to use Gunze lacquers on hand but the Nerf plastic is so highly polished I will have to add some tooth by sanding.

I saw the IMAX presentation of “2001: a space odyssey” yesterday, and I still feel the most forward thinking designs, models, sets, photography, scripting and direction ever focused on the subject of science fiction are here in this film. All other films imitate what happens here, even other wonderfully designed films like “Alien.” This Christopher Nolan supervised restoration is truly worth seeking out!

You are right about the time it takes for ordering through delivery, Carlos. My tracking notice from UPS states “end of day” today, which usually means by tomorrow... eight days from ordering.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

My buddy!

He is gonna have to chill until I finish building these, though.

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Looking good Bruce! Nice weapons too. The one already looks done.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Hopefully this package will end up with you and not your neighbor. :headslap:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Duke! Thank you so much for your reply and for following along!

Carlos! (chuckling) yes, I definitely keep a weather eye on arriving packages whenever possible... I don’t want to be reported to local authorities for making prop guns... actually for shoots we follow the procedure of weapons carrying, with the addition of stencils to indicate these are props.

Still, I imagine she could be greeting me one day...

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Lol!

What are those prop guns? The nearly complete one with the hand guard looks vaguely familiar... :hmm:

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Carlos! Happy hump day!

Nerf N-Strike MEGA

1. Grinding off ID marks. Refinishing plastic.
2. Primer—Mr Surfacer 1500 at low psi.

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX

Return to “Work In Progress: Sci-Fi”