Hasegawa "Operation Omega" 1/48 Patrol Hopper.

Here is the place to show off the progress of your sci-fi builds.
Stikpusher

Re: Hasegawa "Operation Omega" 1/48 Patrol Hopper.

Post by Stikpusher »

That’s a nerf gun? :rofl: It looks like some sci fi movie piece, Judge Dredd or Bruce Willis in The Fifth Element would be wielding...

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

The Fifth Element. So good. You are the master of finding the great GIF and droppin' these in with killer accuracy, Carlos!

Yes, a quick City Target spree yielded these goodies. Sanding off the embossed emblems and the engraved doo-dads goes a long, long, galaxy far, far away towards making these work... plus the paint jobs. I don't want to write this is all fun, because grinding, modding and painting these toys is work... but it's alright, yes—this is fun... pay to the order of type o' fun.

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

What can I say? I have misspent too much of my free time on activities of little value... :giggles:
But let’s just say that I’ll never look at all those toy guns in the aisles the same again. You have ILM’s eye for taking the mundane and turning it into something out of this world.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Well... there’s a real precedent for cosplay builders that are doing amazing things, and definitely the Nerf toys as useful platforms for sci-fi show weapons has been around, but what I have is a group of fantastic mentors and you are their chief. I looked online for articles and most of these “Scruffy Nerf Herders” forego primer or use black Krylon w/built in primer... and wonder why their paint jobs come “off in sheets.” If they followed your builds they would know how to prepare a surface... and that may sound super obvious but apparently it is not.

:ballbat:
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Stikpusher wrote:That’s a nerf gun? :rofl: It looks like some sci fi movie piece, Judge Dredd or Bruce Willis in The Fifth Element would be wielding...

''That's a very nice hat...'' Bloody Brilliant film that and the first thing I thought of when I saw your WIP Bruce - I'm loving those props - your work is superb.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Thanks so much, Stuart! Sincerely.

Concept

Have you seen “Valerian: City of a Thousand Planets”? Space opera with bikini clad beach babies and “Avatar’s” elongated aliens; cameos from Rutger Hauer and Ethan Hawk... and what a shame the brilliance of the comics was sadly reduced to a shadow of its glory.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

I'm loving that concept art Bruce - that's blooming fantastic. I have to ask - but what are these props for? (No worries if you can't say).

I'm not seen that film. It's on my to watch list but there's something about it that stops me from actually getting it. I should do though, as the 5th Element is one of my all time favourite films along with Leon. Not read the comic but I can appreciate what you say - things seldom translate well from print to screen.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

In primer.

I hijacked my own thread. Stuart, check out “Altered Carbon.” It’s a fantastic series and self-contained. There is a nifty sequence where the hero buys guns on the black market.

Philips Squeeze Gun

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Now looking at that one brings Logan’s Run to mind. At least as the “Sand Man’s” pistols were described in the novel. They had some sort of revolver type handgun as I recall... :hmm:

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX

Return to “Work In Progress: Sci-Fi”