Dragon 1/350 USS Princeton wip

Here is the place to show off the progress of your ship builds.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: Dragon 1/350 USS Princeton wip

Post by Duke Maddog »

Ah! The Admiral! I haven't 'met' him. I usually turn to my good buddy Jack D! He keeps me mellow enough. Glad the Admiral was able to help, especially on this ship!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

Jack just makes me mad!

Not a true story. I just don't care for the...yeeegghhhhh...flavor!
Haven't found a drink that doesn't put me in a better mood than I already am. I'll only drink if I'm already in a good mood...then my mood is amplified and I'm motivated to get things done, even more!

Back to the program...
It's been...just sittin...waiting.
Been ticking away a little here and there. (Been too busy with work)

Anyway...did all the antenna wires and various lines, as well as the flags.
I did the decal flags on a piece of aluminum foil, so I could "shape" them. I start em out flat, naturally...after a few minutes, some micro-sol..then a few more minute...I cut em and bend to shape.

For the antennas in the port side...the provided plastic "uprights" were way too flexible. After a couple attempts of adding the "wires"....I uttered a slew of words fit for nobody but sailors and got rid of the damned things (I'm a pilot...not a sailor!).
I replaced em with aluminum tubing, and things went well from there.

All that's left now is the ships props, the rest of the Hellcats, then weathering/finishing!
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

:shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Bravo Fermis! Brilliant work once again! Man, I love how you can so easily solve such issues. Looking forward to seeing more.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
SigEp Ziggy
Advanced Member

Post by SigEp Ziggy »

Great Job! The detail on your 1/700 scale is amazing. I'm not sure how old that kit is, I'll have to check Scale Mates.

I have been trying to get the Dragon USS Frank Knox DD 742 for years now! Saw one on ebay last week, I bid it up to $100 and lost! The wining bid was over $154!!!

I wish Dragon would re-release it or sell the molds.
Your fellow modeler,
Shane

Return to “Work In Progress: Ships”