2019 Hollywood Bandits and Rebels GB

Member created Group Builds
mustang1989

Re: 2019 Hollywood Bandits and Rebels GB

Post by mustang1989 »

That Christine Fury would be perfect in here!
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

mustang1989 wrote:
BlackSheep214 wrote:I usually see that kit at Hobby Lobby. But the movie? Pretty lame and stupid. I watched it and got bored quick. Too predictable. :lol:
Dude....you should read the book! It’s NOTHING like the movie. It’s a long book but i couldn’t put it down. Fantastic read!
I’ll pass. Horror isn’t really my genre on my book list. However, if you want horror... I mean real life horror, read The Hot Zone. In fact, National Geographic had a mini series not too long ago.

I’ll let you in on a little secret what The Hot Zone is about.... the Ebola virus. I’ve read the book and it is very scary and very real.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

mustang1989 wrote:
BlackSheep214 wrote:I usually see that kit at Hobby Lobby. But the movie? Pretty lame and stupid. I watched it and got bored quick. Too predictable. :lol:
Dude....you should read the book! It’s NOTHING like the movie. It’s a long book but i couldn’t put it down. Fantastic read!
I figured the book would be better. I have read one Steven King book, and won’t read any more. Too disturbing. But very good writing. Hollywood has a tendency to kill books when they translate them into movies.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

He wrote some books that weren't horror - and yes a very good writer.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

I am a fan of Stephen King because he channels Ray Bradbury’s “Something Wicked This Way Comes” so well in many of his greatest novels (“The Stand,” “The Shining,” “It”). Also Neil Gaiman’s “American Gods” owes a huge debt to Bradbury. One of three or four short stories by King I find impressive is a western. This is available on the New Yorker’s website and is a free read. Title: “A Death.” Also “Something Wicked This Way Comes” was made into a very poor film copy of its source. However the poster art by Bob Peak (he did the Star Trek movie posters) is luminous.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

99% of the time, the book is always better than the movies.

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

I read the first couple chapters of the hotzone....nasty stuff. Didnt finish the book.
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

keavdog wrote:I read the first couple chapters of the hotzone....nasty stuff. Didnt finish the book.
Heh... you only just scratched the surface.......

Return to “Member Group Builds”