2019 Hollywood Bandits and Rebels GB

Member created Group Builds
mustang1989

Re: 2019 Hollywood Bandits and Rebels GB

Post by mustang1989 »

BlackSheep214 wrote:I'm going with this.

I've got plenty of time to place the order on this kit.
Nice!! I've seen several of these built up and they look really good.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

mustang1989 wrote:This is a 1984 C4 Corvette and has a Crossfire 350 engine in it.
Here's a link with a few more shots of it and some background:

https://bringatrailer.com/2011/06/29/du ... -corvette/

There are kits available for it. There's a Monogram 1/24 scale Snap Tite kit:
What do you think would be the better kit Joe - the Monogram or MPC? (and do you think them worth £50?)
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Honestly, without watching any kind of video or OOB review I wouldn't know. I'd venture to say right off hand that the Monogram kit is probably better. I mean......if MPC released something in really good subject matter to me I'd probably build it but they were never my "go-to" kits. I've only come across a couple of kits in my modeling lifetime that I considered to be unbuildable with AMT's 66 Barracuda topping that list so I'd probably be willing to give either one of these at least a gander if I were interested in these year model Vette's.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

I can get one here - the Monogram is the one you want - for 20 bucks plus shipping. It would be about the same as you having to spend 50 quid if it was shipped over to you I think. The last time I had anything shipped was DHL from Germany to Los Angeles and it was expensive.

P.S. I will look for a builder kit if you want. I saw one already without an engine but the rest of it was chewed up beyond no return.

P.P.S. If you have 4K:

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

lol! I wish I had 4K for that Bruce!

Thanks for the very kind offer my friend but I'm ok thanks - it's far too expensive!

Thankfully I saw a car on the way home that, if British films are allowed in this GB then (to quote the last line of the film).

"hang on lads - I've got an idea!"

mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

There aint no way.....no way I'd give 4 grand for that car. I'd would give that and more for a Vette like it with Tuned Port Fuel Injection though.To not sound like a hater I'll explain.

I do love Corvette's. I'm a Chevy guy at heart but ......being that (and being "Mr. Goodwrench" for more than 20 years) I have first hand knowledge about the crossfire fuel injection system. It is a cross ram injected engine but it's two ONE barrel TBI units resulting in a very weak power output of around 200hp at around 3800 RPM. Having driven a TBI 350 for the last few years I can attest to the fact that there is very low output from any such engine. It's all due to very small intake ports and bad cylinder head designs. I'm still shocked that Chevrolet allowed the crossfire injection system to continue till 1985. When the Tuned Port Fuel Injected 350's were introduced it was a whole different story. Power was increased by roughly 20% to 245hp through the 4400 RPM range...............an immediate and very noticeable improvement.

You can read more here as this is a good read on these engines. http://chevythunder.com/cross_fire_inje ... 821984.htm

Anyways.....that's why I wouldn't give even that much for an early C4 Vette. Love the sleek lines of a Vette but the GM girls and boys should've had their act a little bit more together than that ....especially for their premier sports car.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

To get back to the Vette at hand and to give Stuart a good amount of kudos..........I am very much looking forward to watching you build this Vette.

Sorry for the dis on Crossfire Injection......I guess I just know too much. :whistle: It certainly wasn't about Vette's in general good buddy. :wink:
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

mustang1989 wrote:There aint no way.....no way I'd give 4 grand for that car. I'd would give that and more for a Vette like it with Tuned Port Fuel Injection though.To not sound like a hater I'll explain.

I do love Corvette's. I'm a Chevy guy at heart but ......being that (and being "Mr. Goodwrench" for more than 20 years) I have first hand knowledge about the crossfire fuel injection system. It is a cross ram injected engine but it's two ONE barrel TBI units resulting in a very weak power output of around 200hp at around 3800 RPM. Having driven a TBI 350 for the last few years I can attest to the fact that there is very low output from any such engine. It's all due to very small intake ports and bad cylinder head designs. I'm still shocked that Chevrolet allowed the crossfire injection system to continue till 1985. When the Tuned Port Fuel Injected 350's were introduced it was a whole different story. Power was increased by roughly 20% to 245hp through the 4400 RPM range...............an immediate and very noticeable improvement.

You can read more here as this is a good read on these engines. http://chevythunder.com/cross_fire_inje ... 821984.htm

Anyways.....that's why I wouldn't give even that much for an early C4 Vette. Love the sleek lines of a Vette but the GM girls and boys should've had their act a little bit more together than that ....especially for their premier sports car.
So what you're saying is - get it for less than 4K and drop a Chevy engine in it :grin:

Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

LOLOLOL!!! Get it for less than $3000 and change it over to Tuned Port Fuel Injection:

One Crossfire Fuel Injected 350... OUT

One Tuned Port Fuel Injected 350...IN

The results.....PRICELESS: :giggles:

Return to “Member Group Builds”