Revell 1/48 F-86D

Look here at SPAModeler kit previews and reviews!
Kermit
Advanced Member

Re: Revell 1/48 F-86D

Post by Kermit »

Yes, it is a half hour away from my home over in north Phoenix. So relaxing... Oh and a two hour happy hour with all drinks free :FM: Completely relaxed...

And while i am posting anyways...

Since the base coat was laid down i picked out various panels and hatches and sprayed them with the other shades of Alclad. Currently letting them cure for a bit before i proceed with detail painting and decalling. I am not entirely on the schedule i anticipated but pretty close! That pesky thing called work is killing my time right now :blush:
Kermit
Advanced Member

Post by Kermit »

To illustrate my mumbling...

Hope you guys like the paintwork sofar. I am dreading the decal process but i also know it is going to completely transform the model. I chose to use the second, non sharkmouth finish on her
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

To make myself clear:

WOOOHAAA!!!
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Wow!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Kermit
Advanced Member

Post by Kermit »

Thanks guys! I do apologise for not being the fastest at the moment but i do try to do a good job with what time i can find
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Nice! Well done, Mr. Kermit.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Looking back at the photos, makes me wanna get one. I do like how the Alclad lacquers make the kit pop compared to ordinary metallic colors. What a huge, huge difference.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Kermit
Advanced Member

Post by Kermit »

In my humble opinion really the only way to go for as realistic as you can get natural metal finishes is either Alclad or aluminum foil. You can get great results with other metal paints outthere but have yet to achieve a similar result with it.

This morning, after a big mug of coffee and a few hail mary's, i started the decal process on this lady. The general stencilling alone takes up two full pages! I mean, this is a full and complete job that revell did. And for that price!

Being completely honest about it, i omitted a few of the very tiniest ones as i doubt my camera would even pick them up. It also speeds up the work. After all this is a review build and i am on a sort of deadline...

More to follow
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Great work on this Sabre-Dog - the paint looks fantastic!

Glad to hear you enjoyed your break!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Kermit
Advanced Member

Post by Kermit »

FINISH:

Well here she is in all her glory folks! After decals i gave the exhaust and wheels a light weathering coat and stopped it there.

The decals were to be honest a bit of a letdown to me. Rather thick and pretty much unresponsive to my setting solution. In every other respect i am more than satisfied with the quality of this kit.

I would very much like to thank the moderating team and Lyle in particular for granting me the opportunity to work on this project. It sure was both a pleasure and an honor! And ofcourse a big hats off to all you folks who followed this build and provided me with much appreciated support and feedback along the way.

Now.... I am off to my swamp to do the things that frogs do best...

Return to “Product Previews & Reviews”