Revell 1/32 F-4G Review & Build- update 12/13 (pg.19)

Look here at SPAModeler kit previews and reviews!
Stikpusher

Re: Revell 1/32 F-4G Review & Build- update 12/03 (pg.18)

Post by Stikpusher »

Well, with the holidays fast bearing down upon us, my time at the bench has been cut back quite a bit. And most of my work has been sanding and seam clean up, as well as scribing to replace lost detail due to those activities. I have almost finished up that task. The intakes require quite a bit of work, especially on the bottom surface. I will take photos of that once I have it doe, but there was quite a few tiny "steps" there that I could not quite avoid, no matter how much test fitting I did in assembly.

But... I did get all the missiles cleaned up, and boy are those beautiful. It seems a shame that I will not use them on the completed build. But I will paint them up, at least for a display shot...

and I did do a bit of work on the inner face area of the afterburner cans. On the real J-79, there are grooves running circumferentially around each of the corrugations that are not present on the kit part. So I dragged a razor saw across each arch to give a representation of that. And I cleaned up some mold seam lines on the inner face of the afterburner petals with mu needle files. Tedious and time consuming, but they really improve the look of these parts and now they are ready for painting.

here's the real deal in there...

https://www.cybermodeler.com/aircraft/f ... -4g_29.jpg
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Looking good stik
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thank you Stuart. I have finished up most of the seam clean up and started painting some base coats inside the afterburner cans. I'll have some photos up in a few days. Not much time to get at the bench right now.... :clockwatch:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: Revell 1/32 F-4G Review & Build- update 12/13 (pg.19)

Post by Duke Maddog »

I know the feeling. I still have two jobs I'm trying to finish before Christmas and I still haven't even brought my tree in to decorate! Man, this Christmas has really been taken away from me!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Okay, many weeks, the holidays, a death in the family, and a few other assorted distractions later, I finally was able to resume work on this yesterday. I finished the seam clean up on the fuselage, and now just need to do some rescribing for the areas where I sanded away adjacent detail...

FLSM
Paul
Addicted Member

Post by Paul »

In the works of the immortal Jerry Clower ( Knock em out, John) or Carlos in this case.... :giggles:
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Glad to see you back at it. I have been waiting for this to resume. I've been a bit more fortunate; with the rain and all, I've been able to get eight models finished so far this year. I'm looking forward to seeing this moving forward.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Eight finished already?! Wow! Well in all honesty I am really ready to be done with this one. My modeling mojo is really wanting to do some armor... but this build is still having a strong pull on me also. But I know I'm on the downhill slope here finally...

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Excellent Carlos, that is good news that you are on the downward slope. I know what you mean about being pulled to do something else. I'm also pulled to start a couple other models but I want to clear some of the backlog first. So, I'm guessing we'll see that F-4 on your next rotation?
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Return to “Product Previews & Reviews”