Revell and Testors to partner

Look here at SPAModeler kit previews and reviews!
LyleW
Admin

Revell and Testors to partner

Post by LyleW »

To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Medicman71
Elite Member

Re: Revell and Testors to partner

Post by Medicman71 »

This sounds like a good pairing.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Post by scorpiomikey »

Yay, awesome kits that are warped to hell. :P
In all honesty, it should be an interesting matchup, hopefully both companies learn alot from each other and produce some awesome kits.
You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

LaserEquippedShark wrote:Maybe now Revell kits will have actual color call outs....so instead of "Olive grey" with a recipe of 78 parts grey, 4 parts purple, 9 parts burnt orange, -3 parts red, 66 parts dark green...we will get "RLM 02 (MM *whatver number*). Yay
That's what I was thinking!! Since I use a lot of Model Master Acrylics, I won't have to "guess" at paint call outs.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

Meh, whatever. I like Revell kits and Revell aquaous paints. So I do not really see what Testors can add to that. Their kits are ancient. I cannot comment on their paint, I never used them.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Back in the dark days of modeling- late 1960s/early 1970s, Revell was the first company to use Federal Standard number paint call outs on their instructions. Unfortunately later on, they joined the trend of using generic callouts later on, but still many of thier contemporary kits have accurate proper paint call outs, not brand specific. I am not a big fan of those brand name call outs, Tamiya and Gunze coming to mind, and would rather have the actual paint name and designators, be it FS, BSC RAL, etc.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

BorgR3mc0 wrote:... Their kits are ancient. ...
Sure, but they still have the only 1/48 SR-71 kit on offer that I´d like to build again some day. A simple and ancient kit, but not too bad in my eyes.
DoogsATX
Advanced Member

Post by DoogsATX »

Interesting. Wonder what effect this will have on distribution, or if Testors is getting out of the plastic portion of the business for good to instead focus on the consumables.

I also can't help but wonder if this is some kind of way to backdoor Revell acrylic paints into US circulation. That would seem like a nice quid pro quo. Revell gets access to Testors huge retail presence in the US for its paints (which could even be offered as a Testors brand here with some licensing fees to smooth it all out). And Testors gets access to Revell's shelf space dominance (again, licensing fees...).

I'll be curious to see what comes of this. But I'd really rather see Revell focusing on getting that 1/48 new-tool Tornado out the door. Chop chop, guys.
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Matt, I am with you on this new 1/48 Tornado! ;)

On Revell´s acrylic paints: so far these have not had a tremendous reputation here as far as I could hear. Don´t expect too much...

Return to “Product Previews & Reviews”