ICM Releases 2017

Look here at SPAModeler kit previews and reviews!
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: ICM Releases 2017

Post by BlackSheep214 »

I picked up the U-2/Po-2VS last summer at a Webster Hobby shop (Performance Hobbies) in between BBQ and birthday cake at my 2 nieces birthday party. Will be heading back there again this year only this time, I'm coming home with more than just a single kit. :giggles: :giggles: :giggles:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

portman wrote:I've never built an ICM kit - what do they build up like normally?
It depends on the kit. The old I-1 is not that good fit wise. But I really loved their I-5. And those are old school hand mastered kits. The new ones are CAD so they should be even better.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thomas_M wrote:I agree. Would love to get my hands on their 1/48 scale MiG-25!
You and me both!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

BorgR3mc0 wrote:
portman wrote:I've never built an ICM kit - what do they build up like normally?
It depends on the kit. The old I-1 is not that good fit wise. But I really loved their I-5. And those are old school hand mastered kits. The new ones are CAD so they should be even better.
Here is a very interesting article on how the old school master makers work. The example is the ICM He-70. And just you case you wonder, I cannot speak/read Russian but google translate helps.

http://www.dishmodels.ru/gshow.htm?p=3553
ImageImageImageImageImage
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

I haven't built any of their newer kits. But tried the old Spitfire kits. Buildable but a lot of work. Sink marks and a little over engineered.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

tempestjohnny wrote:I haven't built any of their newer kits. But tried the old Spitfire kits. Buildable but a lot of work. Sink marks and a little over engineered.
:that:

Mine is sidelined about 60% complete... beautifully detailed with that engine, but very fiddly fit in the surrounding cowling. I did build one of their Yak-7s when those were newly released and that turned out nice.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Working on their Opel Admiral staff car in 1/35 scale here and there. The Revell boxing of ICM´s kit. Same sprues, but the instructions are Revell style, sometime the decals given differ to the ICM boxing, making other versions possible.

On the nightfighter Do 215 the Revell boxing of ICM´s kit has the missing flameholders added by Revell. Should get one of those!

Return to “Product Previews & Reviews”