Maddog Manufacturing Open in 2021

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
LyleW
Admin

Re: Maddog Manufacturing Open in 2021

Post by LyleW »

That is some mighty fine model building work! You’ve been a busy lad.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thank you Lyle! Yeah, I'm trying to stay busy...
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Great stuff all round Mark - great to see the Norseman is back together!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thank you Stuart! Now if I could just get the paint to lay down right!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Time for another update tour; this one is a small one given how little time I got to spend on the workbench. Fortunately, I did manage to finish four models; you'll see them in the finished forums.

I'll start with my aircraft, since all I did was to shoot another coat of white on them after fixing a few blatant blemishes. First was the Norseman:

And then the Fokker F-27:

My apologies for the pics there; they were taken in my 'spray booth'. Barring any unforeseen additional blemishes, I'll be gloss coating these soon.

Now on to my armor, and another apology: I said I wouldn't have any more pics of my Centurions here, but then I realized I still had a ways to go on my Australian one. To start with, I'd forgotten to put the outer return rollers on the one side. Kinda need them since this tank has no skirts:

After that I figured with all the moisture in South Vietnam where this operated; I would rust out the exhaust covers a bit:

Moving on, I wanted to get some more progress done on another Centurion; this time the Israeli Sho't Kal Alef. I added the turret storage bins, the fenders and storage bins on them as well:

After that, I re-started another two projects that I'd been neglecting, why; I don't know. They are so close to paint now so I finished up adding all the extra parts and adding the "open" hatch to the Type 89B:

Type 89A:

Type 89B:

There are more detail parts to add later but they would break off during painting and handling so I am leaving them off till last.

And finally, this last model that has been annoying me by being in the way all the time: my M-ATV. I cemented the interior to the chassis and then finished painting the interior so I could close this up:

Before I could close it up, I had to add the photo-etch grill screen on the front of the hood:

Finally, this beastie is all closed up and the rear bed is attached as well:

I realized later that there was a photo-etch assembly that needed to be added to the interior. Oh well, it wouldn't have been seen anyway inside this thing with such tiny windows so I'm not bothered.

Now to finish the upper turret, add the windows and some other detail parts before painting.

That's it for now. Stay tuned as I hope to have more to show later.

Thank you all for looking in, comments are welcome.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Nice update Mark! I’m really liking that Aussie Centurion.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

I still don't know how you can have so many different kits going at the same time and they all come out so good
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thank you Carlos! That Aussie is also one of my favorites. I'm so glad Alexey released that one! It's just as thrilling as all the Israeli Centurions he's been releasing!

Thank you Johnny! Sometimes I don't know either. :hmm: :giggles: Thank God for kit boxes I can place everything back into while I'm building.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Nice! I really like those M-ATV's. I'd like to get one myself.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Mike! The M-ATV in my scale is a tough one to build. I've heard that the 1/35th scale ones can be easier assembly, but loaded with tons of tiny details.

I'm looking forward to seeing one you build!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Return to “Member's Gallery”