Portman Productions 2020

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
Stuart
Elite Member

Re: Portman Productions 2020

Post by Stuart »

LyleW wrote:You want buggered up? Come on over to my house. Sheesh....good thing this is fun!
You know - people keep telling me that.... :whiteflag:

Yeah, I guess the trouble of building a kit when you don't have a reasonable picture in your head of what you're building lead to indecision - I've repainted it three times now and can't get into any of the schemes - alas I'm now going to have to strip it or just use it as a mule and chalk it up as experience - great little kit though.

The old Airfix Mig is moving forward though...

As is my hurricane. Just got to finish tidying up the cockpit framing before I gloss coat.

Cheers!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

portman wrote:
Stikpusher wrote:Yes, Zvezda makes some really good products. Their new tool stuff is really enjoyable to build, and quite well detailed.
Agreed - although I have unfortunately buggered up the painting... :bag:
:hmm: Well... the only way to get better is to keep on plugging away at it... :whistle:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

True :grin:

Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Hi All,

It's been an interesting week to say the least - being asked to work from home was great yes, but having both the kids home because their schools have closed threw us all out of whack somewhat - we've all been trying to find our feet with this new routine, the downside to this was hardly any bench time last week.

However on Friday night I re-organized my bench around the area I was using for my home office - and this is the first time in ten years I've had all my modelling gear in one place.

Really pleased with this area, it's so nice to have somewhere to relax with all the chaos going on around the world. The bench is in the conservatory, as is my wife's armchair that she sits in whilst doing her studies - it's been great this week to have a space together.

So with the new(ish) bench up and running I managed to do a fair bit of work this weekend...

The old Airfix Mig-21 has been finished.

And the old Matchbox Hurricane mk.IID has finally got some decals on it - currently being forced into submission by some Mirocsol!

Whilst I was working on the Hurricane I fancied working on another old MB kit - I dunno, for some reason I find their familiarity comforting, so I pulled out the old Bae Hawk 200 kit I started working on last year - here's where I was...

And here's were I am now...

I was planning an RAF what if scheme for this but now I think I might just do one of the early prototypes that the kit represents - probably this one...

Cheers Dudes!

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Nice work getting your bench in order. It’s wierd finding a new dynamic in the home with everyone there, and most routines out the window for the time being. Comfort in the familiar that we have left is reassuring.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

I totally agree Carlos - couldn't have put it better myself.

Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

As well as the Victor I'm building in the Jets GB, I've also made a little progress on the little Matchbox 1/76 Humber I was building - basic assembly and painting is done.

Should go well with the Desert Airforce Hurricane I just finished.

Cheers!

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

well done, Stuart! You are giving Mark a run for his money.....
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

lol! I wish - that Man's a building machine!

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

portman wrote:As well as the Victor I'm building in the Jets GB, I've also made a little progress on the little Matchbox 1/76 Humber I was building - basic assembly and painting is done.

Should go well with the Desert Airforce Hurricane I just finished.

Cheers!
Very cool!

How are you going to paint this one? North Africa? Sicily/Italy? Northwest Europe?

FLSM

Return to “Member's Gallery”