The Duke Finishes Two Aircraft and a Car

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

The Duke Finishes Two Aircraft and a Car

Post by Duke Maddog »

Amazingly enough, I was only able to finish three models during this whole stay-at-home order during the past few months. I am finally able to get these posted. One is armor and will be posted there, but since it also came in the same box as one of these aircraft, I'm showing it here with that aircraft.

I'll start with my Hasegawa Israeli F-16I Sufa in 1/72 scale:

Next is the ancient Italeri German Go-244 Gotha transport aircraft in 1/72 scale:

You can see the rear opens and closes. This is why: it comes with this little Kubelwagen kit as a load:

More detailed shots of the Kubel are here:

This little model was included in the Gotha kit from Italeri, but I'm calling it a completed model since it is a little model. I finished this up and made it almost unweathered since it was being transported to some staff officer in the Gotha:

There it is. It is tiny and probably all of twelve parts but a model nonetheless. I had fun building that one, it brought back great memories.

Thanks for looking in here, comments are welcome.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: The Duke Finishes Two Aircraft and a Car

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Wow.... very nice builds!!!! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Very nice! That wide body f16 looks awesome. Cool that the Gotha opens up and comes with a load. Maybe a little Romel and staff driver accepting delivery would be cool :). Lots of work there!
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Three more eh? :hmm: I hate to ask what this makes your total count now...
Nice work Mark! I do miss seeing your stuff at club meetings.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Nice builds. All over the place with genre but all finished really well
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Great looking builds! Really like the Gotha. For some reason I can't get your manufacturing page to open on my phone. It just loads and loads then a error message.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Very nice Duke!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks for the awesome replies guys! I truly appreciate them!

Thanks Kevin! I think I have a small Rommel figure somewhere. It'll be tough doing that kind of dio though given how little room I have. I do like that idea though.

Thanks Carlos! The count is slowly growing. Here's a breakdown for you: Aircraft: 453...Armor: 788... and the Grand Total is: 1553 all completed. I miss seeing you and your work as well. Hopefully you'll be able to fly back over for Orangecon which is still on so far.

Thanks Johnny! I do like to mix it up a bit with different genres; doing so keeps everything fresh when I get back to them.

Thanks Floki! I apologize for the error when trying to load my Manufacturing thread. It is probably because there are between 15 and 20+ pics on each post on the thread, making it tough for phones to load.

Thanks Medic!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Member's Gallery”