The Duke's 2021 Year in Review.

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
keavdog
Elite Member

Re: The Duke's 2021 Year in Review.

Post by keavdog »

Jaw dropping work for 2021 Mark. I too love the An-124 and the Fokker, but I'm a wingy guy :giggles:
That's a lot of quality work there for sure.
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thank you John, I appreciate the kind words. I think you'll like this year then if you're a wingy guy; I resolved to finish more aircraft this year....

And ships...
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Have you ever thought your ultimate goal should be 5,000, Mark? I have to say I like the An-124 the best, but it's an education just reading your descriptions of all the different models.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

John, that would be cool to reach that total, but despite my speed and productivity; I doubt I'll make it that far. To let you know how far I am from that, here's my total count of completed models of all types and genres: 1605 as of the last completed models at the end of the year.

The breakdown for this count is:

1/72 scale Aircraft (including helicopters) -> 455
1/72 scale Armor -> 835
Ships and boats (Scales from 1/720 to 1/72) -> 285
1/24 scale automobiles and trucks -> 8
Sci-Fi and Real Space -> 5
Buildings and bunkers (HO/OO and 1/72 scales) -> 15

Miscellaneous Models ( Figures and others not included above) -> 2

One of those two Miscellaneous Models is a 1/8 scale Legend of Sleepy Hollow figure, the other is a 1/1 scale Colt 45 Peacemaker pistol.

So you can see I have a very long way to go for 5 Grand. My biggest goal is to break 1,000 armor and vehicle models in 1/72 scale. After that, I'll just keep going until I can't go any more just to see what I end with.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

What can you say, astonishing amount Mark !

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thank you Kari!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Oops! I forgot one that I'd finished last year. It is a real crappy job but at least this dog of a kit got done!

This is the IBG Diamond T Wrecker, poorly finished back in November... but finished:

Maybe someday I'll get another one and try again to do it right.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Return to “Member's Gallery”