Airfix New Tool 1/72 Me 262 - Hot off the moulds!

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: Airfix New Tool 1/72 Me 262 - Hot off the moulds!

Post by Duke Maddog »

LOL! :rofl: Maybe not but I have several hundred already I need to get through before I consider this one. :writing:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

You're getting soft in your old age Mark :giggles:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

You think? I have 19 projects currently in progress and I'm slowly making some progress on them. I'm down from 23 since I just finished four models which I'll be posting soon. Now I have something else to add to the plate which you'll also see soon.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Fantastic progress so far, Stuart. Do you have an update? What are your general thoughts on the quality of assembly?
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

speedgraflex wrote:Fantastic progress so far, Stuart. Do you have an update? What are your general thoughts on the quality of assembly?
Hi Bruce,

Not much to report as yet - I've not had a lot of bench time over the past month so it's stalled a bit. However, I have almost got the cockpit finished and am in the process of re-scribing the fuselage. I've had to use a bit of filler around the nose which is annoying. No gaps, just a small step (which might have been me).

Pic's to follow.

One thing I will say though is everytime I work on this kit I enjoy it - so I'm happy not to rush it.

Cheers!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

portman wrote:

One thing I will say though is everytime I work on this kit I enjoy it - so I'm happy not to rush it.
And that is the main point of doing what we do... enjoyment of some form
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Stuart,

Thanks for the update on the 10th of October. I have no idea why I missed the blooming email message reminder, but I did, otherwise I would have piped up here earlier. Looking forward to photos and a bit of narrative when you are ready!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
CallSignOWL
Addicted Member

Post by CallSignOWL »

Ooohhh, yummy! I gotta get me one of these.... :popcorn:
Every take-off has a landing...some are just better than others
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Well I suppose I'd better update this.

Although progress has been slow I have almost finished it, and it's been blooming hard work getting there. I don't know if it's me or the kit, but the fit has been appalling. I've had to work hard on every joint, much much harder than the old FROG Tempest I've been building alongside it.

The fit of the engine pods to the wings is laughable. I really hope that this kit never turns up as a starter set.

That being said, it really does look the part and although a challange, certainly worth it. Would I buy another... maybe, certainly the two seat night fighter they announced this year for release later in 2018.

Progress shots - the level of detail is very good.

This is the current situation - the painting was done with a mk.1 hairy stick and Humbrol Luftwaffe paints (the metallic parts are Revel Aqua). The decals went down nicely, although the big blue/white one around the rear fuseage did rip - I had to repair it with paint. Oh, the Swastikas and the seat belt decal came from my spares bin.

The mottling isn't the best, but not bad considering it was done with a brush and my first attempt.

Cheers

Stuart
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

I think it looks great.

Return to “Member Reviews”