Hasegawa 1/72 Typhoon "Ace Combat"

CallSignOWL
Addicted Member

Re: Hasegawa 1/72 Typhoon "Ace Combat"

Post by CallSignOWL »

mostrich wrote:Since I've seen that fighter on an airshow in 2013, I love that little fella. Will wait for a descent kit in 48, since the Revell toolings are quite worn out by now.
Looks like a great fit so far.
:that:

I'm guessing the typhoon is a bit newer mould, since there didn't seem to be much trouble with the fit. The Ace Combat f15 boxings sure show their age!
Every take-off has a landing...some are just better than others
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

Time for some paint!

Originally, I was going to go with option #1. My eye interpreted the boxart as showing the plane in light grey with a yellowish-grey color for the trim. I kinda liked that! It's actually supposed to be a light tan and light brown trim...I don't like that. I could have painted it any colors I chose...but...scheme #2 grew on me, the more I looked at it!

CallSignOWL
Addicted Member

Post by CallSignOWL »

ooooh, purty! :shoutout:
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Looking at those large areas of grey I think I can see the "life" given by the pre-shading. :shoutout:
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

Just a little!
I looked at quite a few pics of the real thing, before putting this one in the paint booth. They all look pretty well cared for. That perfectly clean look does not please my eye, so I gave it a little bit of age. I flew a LOT of missions in the Typhoon!!!
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

This is coming along nicely. There were some special schemes on it like tiger meets and squadron anniversaries, but I like the simple grey livree the most.
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

mostrich wrote:This is coming along nicely. There were some special schemes on it like tiger meets and squadron anniversaries, but I like the simple grey livree the most.
I'm a much bigger fan of the "workhorse" airframes than I am of special schemes/markings.

This is the first set of Hasegawa decals that I didn't absolutely hate!
Probably due to there being so few that crossed panel lines that they won't snuggle down into. What I did hate, was the number of decals...I left off the smallest ones and still did over 100, including the missiles.

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

That does look fantastic! I agree about the workhorse schemes. I've been trying to find a Mitsubishi F-2 in workhorse scheme, but all I'm finding are the Special schemes. I just want a a fighting jet added to my Japanese Air Force.

Way to go Fermis!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
CallSignOWL
Addicted Member

Post by CallSignOWL »

if thates one thhing that ablsolutly drives me up the wall on modern planes are the bazillion-and-one itty bitty stencils. gah! and those are the ones that always seem to want to silver, too!

but it looks like these didnt cause ya too much difficulty
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Was the stand included in the kit?

Return to “Member Reviews”