Hasegawa 1/72 Typhoon "Ace Combat"

Fermis
Addicted Member

Re: Hasegawa 1/72 Typhoon "Ace Combat"

Post by Fermis »

CallSignOWL wrote:if thates one thhing that ablsolutly drives me up the wall on modern planes are the bazillion-and-one itty bitty stencils. gah! and those are the ones that always seem to want to silver, too!

but it looks like these didnt cause ya too much difficulty
There was enough there to make me want to smack my mother, for birthing me into a world were there could be so many decals on a tiny model!!! :puzzle:
Thomas_M wrote:Was the stand included in the kit?
Yes, it was!
I will not be using it for this model though...gear down and canopy open.
I did the H/B 2-seater version along with this one. That kit pretty much sucks, so I went gear up with it, stuck some of the spare weapons from Hase's kit on it. I'll use the stand for that one, and stick it up on a higher shelf, in the back corner. It'll look cool from a distance...up close, not so much!
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

This looks pretty dang good Fermis. I haven't even thought about venturing into the modern aircraft world yet. I guess there's only so many 109's 190's 51's and 47's a guy can build before those start to get boring though.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

mustang1989 wrote:This looks pretty dang good Fermis. I haven't even thought about venturing into the modern aircraft world yet. I guess there's only so many 109's 190's 51's and 47's a guy can build before those start to get boring though.
...but everybody loves jets....

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

Thanks dudes!

Finished this one off with the usual wash, flat coat, and a little bit of pastel chalk.

Overall...I am very pleased with this kit. All the weaponry was a nice surprise...given Hasegawas track record for giving nothing but fuel tanks, and just a couple missiles...if you're lucky! I even used some of the extras on the Hobby Boss kit, which gives you absolutely nothing. The only complaint I have for this kit is the lack of any type of actuator, or anything to keep the canopy in the proper open position. The instructions don't even show the option...just closed. I cut the actuator arm for the air brake and used that to position the canopy open. Other than that and the addition of the seat harness...completely OOB.

Along with the aforementioned HobbyBoss kit...

I got the H/B kit real cheap, which is the only reason I bought it. I'm only including it here for comparison. There is no comparison. I know it's an "Easy" kit, so I didn't really expect much out of it...and I got about what I expected...if not a little less.

In addition to the lack of fine detail and huge panel lines...there's a big ole block, right at the front of the intake (nose gear well).
Compared to the nice trunking included with Hasegawas kit...

Weapons are extras from the Hasegawa kit.

I used the stand that was given with the Hasegawa kit. The model will go up on a higher shelf, in a back corner somewhere...out of direct sight!

On to the next!!!
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Nice pair of Tiffies there Fermis! That’s cool that Hasegawa actually gave a weapons load out for this one.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

I think they look fantastic! The Hobby Boss one does look good to me; it may not be super detailed but it is still an impressive model. In many ways, it is still better than most all of mine.

Congrats on a fine pair of Typhoons!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
CallSignOWL
Addicted Member

Post by CallSignOWL »

:that:

Nicely done, Fermis 1. Go and prepare for your next sortie!

:P
Every take-off has a landing...some are just better than others
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

Thank ya!
CallSignOWL wrote::that:

Nicely done, Fermis 1. Go and prepare for your next sortie!

:P
Haha...cute....I see whatchya did there!!!
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Well done, Fermis!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Knockin' dead again pal. Brilliant work.

Return to “Member Reviews”