Ding Hao!

To discuss future builds, build planning for the future, time travel, etc. Our meeting next week was well attended.
speedgraflex

Re: Ding Hao!

Post by speedgraflex »

Coooool. Looks like the “Ding Hao” was painted at least twice: once in fat lettering and once in a thin version?

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

I can see what you mean Bruce but looking at that I'd say it was an illusion of the film maybe - if you look at the B&W picture and compare the location of the writing on the aircraft - in relation to the exhaust and vents and panels it looks about the same. I thin it had a coloured border that doesn't show up too well in grey scale.

Great image that second one.
Stikpusher wrote:There ya go. I am now a bit curious as to which particular aircraft that he flew that day. Along that line of thought of famous aces and their personal mounts, it’s not uncommon. Manny Fernandez and James Jabarra, respectively the number 3 and 2 ranking USAF aces of the Korean War often flew one another’s marked F-86s, and scored kills while doing so, during their time flying in the same squadron of the 4th FIW. Or like the famous F-4D OY 432 was seen sporting six Mig kill stars at the end of the Vietnam war, Steve Ritchie, was only responsible for three. Other pilots & WSOs scored the other three.
I agree it'd be interested to know. I suspect it happened a lot - you take what ever's needed.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

You are absolutely right, Stuart! The last 48 hours I feel everything is just off for me... definitely as a result of stress. I’m just not at a hundred percent sharpness for me. Apologies. I know your aesthetics and style of painting will go together with this subject perfectly!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

No need to apologise Bruce - it gave me a happy half hour of comparing photos! :grin:

Sorry to hear you're suffering stress - I certainly know what that's like. What's up?
Last edited by Stuart on Thu May 16, 2019 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

I need to check with the Aircorps library but their airframes sections are catnip to the Mustang model builder! I believe they also have the manuals for the early stangs.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

That would be cool - I have some pretty good reference for the P-51, including a book of how they were manufactured - lots of drawings and internal structure shots etc.

Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

:hmm: I really should get on with this...

speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

portman wrote::hmm: I really should get on with this...

Uh.... yeah! You should! :clockwatch:

Now get on with it! :whip:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

portman wrote::hmm: I really should get on with this...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Future Builds”