Czech Models 1/48 T-34C Turbo Mentor Strike version

To discuss future builds, build planning for the future, time travel, etc. Our meeting next week was well attended.
speedgraflex

Re: Czech Models 1/48 T-34C Turbo Mentor Strike version

Post by speedgraflex »

I love limited run kits. Garage kits rule. Before you use the resin, make sure you make a tub of soapy water and wash the pieces well. Don’t scrub. Just wash in soapy water first then clean water. I use a small plastic food container. Usually I soak the resin for awhile, then I use my hands to gently clear away the release agent.

Allow the resin to air dry on white paper towels. In my opinion white paper towels should be used to store resin pieces effectively. Resin when unpainted is susceptible to heat.

I always cut off locator pins because you choose your fit that way. Also they assume you will be measuring the opening diameter based on the corresponding part.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Hey, Bruce...thanks for the iinfo. CM says they parts,both styrene and resin must be washed. Trying to tape the fuselage together, proved their ointment. Wonder if an ultrasonic cleaner would work?
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Wash with soap. I use bar soap not detergent. Detergent leaves a film.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Bar soap? Who has bar soar? This is the 21st century! I was planning on Dawn... a few drops.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

That's what I use to clean resin parts.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault

Return to “Future Builds”