Revell 1/48 B-25J Gun Nose

Yellow Nose, Green Nose, Blue Nose, Red tails, Yellow Tails Checkered Nose, etc...

Basically, any Allied aircraft during WW2 that sported any type of Colored or Checkered Noses and/or Tails.
keavdog
Elite Member

Re: Revell 1/48 B-25J Gun Nose

Post by keavdog »

Nice choice Lyle - and good find. Quite the imposing aircraft if you're on the wrong end of those 50 cals.
Thanks,
John
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Stikpusher wrote:
jeaton01 wrote:Well, yeah, but the A-20 is still my favorite! It's prettier!
I’m a little partial to the Invader for family reasons. My dad flew in them in the Air Force reserve after his stint in the Army.
It was a fine airplane. When I was in 8th grade me and a buddy tried to con our music teacher into flying one home for us if we bought one from the AF auction that was going on at the time. He was a Group Commander in WW II in North Africa on Martin B-26's. He said "I wouldn't get in one of those war weary beasts for anything". We were crushed! Not that we could have come up with the pittance it would have taken to buy one anyway. Given the unpleasantness later to come it might have been a good investment because the Air Force wanted them back to send to On Mark.

Here's a flyer I found much later for the auction. There's an equal number of B-25's there for Lyle.

My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Sounds like you got a lot to deal with on this one. One reason why I won't buy a started kit, I want to be the one to screw things up lol. Also I got to side with the A-26 here.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

I like those a lot, too. This builder seems to have done as well as I likely would have, but with a lot of glue. A lot. Did I mention a lot of glue? As was mentioned, just about all of it will be hidden.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

keavdog wrote:Nice choice Lyle - and good find. Quite the imposing aircraft if you're on the wrong end of those 50 cals.
Thanks, John!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

jeaton01 wrote: Here's a flyer I found much later for the auction. There's an equal number of B-25's there for Lyle.

Did anyone else notice the T-28 and the T-6 pictures are labeled incorrectly?
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

:hmm: Yup, I saw the T-6 and T-28 mislabeling right away. Silly USAF labeler. What kind of airman did that? :giggles:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Yellow Nose, Green Nose, Blue Nose, Red Tail”