Not enough coffee or too much time?

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Stikpusher

Re: Not enough coffee or too much time?

Post by Stikpusher »

That is one of my goals in this house to knock out all of the previously started kits. As well as finishing everything that I start here. I knocked out two last year, and should complete two more this year. And hopefully add a few more to that total next year.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

I guess that was sort of my thought. If we put them out there.....there will be pressure. This bunch of malcontents misses very little.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Yeah, the peer pressure here is pretty terrible! :whiteflag:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Scruffy
Advanced Member

Post by Scruffy »

The shelf of doom forum sounds like a good idea; I could probably populate that with builds for several years :headslap:
midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Post by midnightprowler »

Exactly. I have well over 100 started kits, including one started in 1994.
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Stikpusher wrote:Yeah, the peer pressure here is pretty terrible! :whiteflag:
Yeah that....... . Bunch of bullies :tease:
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

keavdog wrote:lol - the SOD forum, our English friends will appreciate that.
LOL!!!!

Nice idea but, I don't actually have a SOD. :hmm:

I work on the principle that any kit I've lost interest enough in to wind up on the Shelf of Doom, has kind of served it's purpose - so it'll either get sold part-started, or binned. That way I don't have a load of :quotes: Work :quotes: hanging over me, which would be an instant mojo sapper.

I do have kits that're on the bench long-term, like the F-14 I started back in August, but I don't really consider them on the SOD, as I have every intention of finishing it - it's just waiting for it's slot.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I’m with you Stuart. No true doom shelf for me either. I do start all my kits it’s the internet of finishing them. But I get tempted by GBs of various sorts or get way deep into some project and sideline one project for another, with the intent to return soon, when that cycle repeats itself again and again. Aside from one that was heavily damaged while sidelined and I may or may not be able to repair and then complete, I will get all my old side liners finished eventually. It’s just a question of when… :whistle:

FLSM
Scruffy
Advanced Member

Post by Scruffy »

:P1:
That is how a lot of mine wound up back on the shelf. Most I intend to finish, it is just a question of when I can get the time, or make them a priority to get onto the bench, but I really do need to get them finished up and out of the way.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

That's totally it Gents - those GBs are a killer for getting in the way of current builds!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/

Return to “Free Discussion”