1/48 Iraqi F-7B (Chinese Mig-21)

Post your completed aircraft here.
Stuart
Elite Member

Re: 1/48 Iraqi F-7B (Chinese Mig-21)

Post by Stuart »

I think you'd have know Mig-12s to know the nose is wrong, otherwise it's just a Mig-21. Superb finish Carlos, I love that scheme and the addition of the Matra's was a nice touch.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Just did a little research. With 11,500 MiG-21 + 2,400 J-7 built I think there might be a few schemes around to build
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Handiabled wrote:I love the camo finish on this! Excellent!
Thank you sir! I think the basic paint is the part that I’m most satisfied with on this build.
Stuart wrote:I think you'd have know Mig-12s to know the nose is wrong, otherwise it's just a Mig-21. Superb finish Carlos, I love that scheme and the addition of the Matra's was a nice touch.
Yeah, you are correct on the knowledge level. I just like the smaller nose of the early Mig-21 and J-7/F-7. It looks more hot rod like… sleeker. And yes, the Matra Magics mix it up a little bit.
tempestjohnny wrote:Just did a little research. With 11,500 MiG-21 + 2,400 J-7 built I think there might be a few schemes around to build
That there are. Even if you were just to stick with Chinese and Soviet schemes only, there are plenty of variations to be had. Add in the schemes of various export nations and the possibilities really go up. This one actually looks to be a Chinese scheme that the Iraqis either adopted and was bleached out by the desert climate or modified slightly by using lighter green and brown over the sand base. Seeing how China also has large desert areas of their own, it very well could just be their scheme, just quite faded by the time that they were captured and photographed in Iraq.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

That really turned out great Stik!! Very nice! :shoutout:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thank you Mike. Won’t place in any contests, but it will look decent enough on a shelf amongst its’ cousins.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Yeah, 11,000 made indeed. I have at least 12 different MiG-21's finished in various variants and liveries.Only a few look this good!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thank you Mark. I do believe that the Mig-21 is the most widely produced supersonic jet fighter. The F-4 Phantom “only” had a bit over 5000 built during the production run.

FLSM
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

So next Mig-21 made by Carlos could be this... :-)
I have this Mig-21 book with camos from practically all countries that used and only now I paid attention to the Mig-21 from Cuba.. Never seen in other words, even if the book has been in my bookshelf some years

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Nah…. My next Mig-21 will either be Egyptian or North Vietnamese. If I ever do a Cuban Mig-21, it would be one of the re-marked one that they flew in Angola fighting the South Africans.

FLSM
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

aah, especially Egypt has a lot of camo options!

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/

Return to “Completed Builds”