Possible subject: a yellow tailed Polikarpov I-153

Yellow Nose, Green Nose, Blue Nose, Red tails, Yellow Tails Checkered Nose, etc...

Basically, any Allied aircraft during WW2 that sported any type of Colored or Checkered Noses and/or Tails.
Stikpusher

Re: Possible subject: a yellow tailed Polikarpov I-153

Post by Stikpusher »

BorgR3mc0 wrote:Thanks for the compliments guys. But after a good night sleep I just saw I forgot one detail: that metal band over the doweling that Russian radials had. :whistle:

So I will have to fix that. But that should not be much work. Then I shall make some better pics with a neutral backdrop and really call it done.

I’ve read that those cowl retaining metal straps were painted when the aircraft was built, but then the paint flaked off due to the flexing of the bands while removing the cowlings for routine maintenance.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

Thanks for that answer Carlos! I always wondered why they had such a shiny piece of metal in the cowling. Since the aircraft in my reference pictures had a shiny metal band I am going to model it that way. I also removed the gear covers, I saw that these where removed as wel.
ImageImageImageImageImage
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

The finished article can be found here:

http://www.spamodeler.com/forum/viewtop ... =21&t=5987
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Yellow Nose, Green Nose, Blue Nose, Red Tail”