Jolly Rogers Trio 1/48 F/A-18, F-14, and F-4

Post your completed aircraft here.
Stikpusher

Re: Jolly Rogers Trio 1/48 F/A-18, F-14, and F-4

Post by Stikpusher »

I always liked the early VF-84 Phantoms. Instead of the all black tail, they used a larger version of the skull & crossbones flag on the tail similar to the smaller ones worn previously on the nose or fuselage on earlier fighters

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

All three are really well done and look awesome
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Wow, what stunning work! I also love the Jolly Rogers markings; that's why I did my two 1/72 scale F-14's in those markings. Most interesting way to display them; I wish I had wall space to do so, but all my walls are covered with shelves.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

A very nice looking collection
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

Arrrrr, nice airships!
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
keyda81
Advanced Member

Post by keyda81 »

Thanks BlackSheep, Kari, keavdog, Lyle, Jeaton, Paul, Stewart, John, Duke, Floki, and mostrich!
Last edited by keyda81 on Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keyda81
Advanced Member

Post by keyda81 »

SteveSki wrote:Beautiful Birds! I like how you display them, never seen anyone do that, makes sense. Clean builds, excellent!

All three are beauties, but that Phantom is looking mighty beasty. I was always wondering why the external fuel tanks on the F-18 were canted outward instead of in-line with the fuselage. They scream up the river over here almost daily from Seattle, so when we're on the lake we can see them up close, and loud. I'm going to have to check into that issue.

Great work!
Thank you! Hanging them on the wall that way was purely from a space restriction point of view. The bonus is, they don't get all that dusty either!
keyda81
Advanced Member

Post by keyda81 »

Stikpusher wrote:Nice trio of Jolly Rogers Keyda! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: Are you going to go back and build earlier types such as the Demon, Cougar, Panther, Bearcat, and Corsair that sported the Jolly Rogers flag?
Thanks Stik! I'll be the first to admit I was only really attracted to the black/yellow combo with the skull and bones motif. :giggles:
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

SteveSki wrote:Beautiful Birds! I like how you display them, never seen anyone do that, makes sense. Clean builds, excellent!

All three are beauties, but that Phantom is looking mighty beasty. I was always wondering why the external fuel tanks on the F-18 were canted outward instead of in-line with the fuselage. They scream up the river over here almost daily from Seattle, so when we're on the lake we can see them up close, and loud. I'm going to have to check into that issue.

Great work!
Awesome work on all three Bones jets!!! :shoutout: :shoutout:

Hey SteveSki, the Super Bugs pylons are all canted outwards because during wind tunnel testing, it showed that the certian stores wouldn't come off cleanly and hit the jet so that was the best solution. The thing is, that they never flight tested it so it may have not been a problem but it's a little to late for that.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault

Return to “Completed Builds”