Tamiya 1/48 F2A2 USN VF-2

Post your completed aircraft here.
mostrich
Admin

Re: Tamiya 1/48 F2A2 USN VF-2

Post by mostrich »

That plane looks like it hit the wall with its nose before. :giggles:
Like Bruce said, striking colors and you nailed the yellow. It's a b*tch to paint.
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Torben! Yeah the Buffalo does have that face first into a wall look. The actual aircraft design was a modification of a larger bomber type, cut down into what you see now, so the wall analogy kinda fits… :hmm:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

A very striking model, Carlos and well deserving of your win! Congrats! I love that scheme... it evokes an entire era.
Stikpusher wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:09 pm Thanks for looking, comments and critiques are welcome.
The only nitpick I'd have besides a wee bit of spray texture on the wings, is that the yellow on the tail and stabs does not seem to match the richness of the yellow on the wings. But it could be a photo thing!
John aka JKim
-----------<><
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks John. Yes that texture on the wings bothered me, but being on a time deadline, I did not want to strip them down and repeat the process. I’ll just have to be more wary on my next Yellow Wings build. As far as the difference between the tail color and wings upper color yellows, they are actually two different shades of yellow. The wings are “Chrome Yellow”, which has a hint of orange to it, while the tail color is “Lemon Yellow” which is a bit cooler in tone.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Ahhh… it was intentional! I retract my comment about the yellow! We’ll done!
John aka JKim
-----------<><
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

jkim wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:35 pm Ahhh… it was intentional! I retract my comment about the yellow! We’ll done!
Thanks again John. Yes it was indeed quite intentional. But I was expecting a bit more difference between the two yellows. In most lighting conditions the difference is quite subtle.

FLSM
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

What an excellent build Carlos!

:shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thank you Kari. I truly appreciate your kind words.

FLSM
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Totally missed the completion of this masterpiece. Beautiful build and the bright colors were pulled off very well. That's one to be proud of right there Carlos. :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Joe! I’m glad that you found this and saw the final results.

FLSM

Return to “Completed Builds”