Devotion...

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Stikpusher

Re: Devotion...

Post by Stikpusher »

Went and saw the movie this afternoon. It’s pretty well made. I haven’t read the book, so I can’t say how well it sticks to the source material. But it’s definitely worth seeing and I’ll be adding it to my movie library when it comes out on disc.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Disc. Lol. Dinosaur :giggles:
Looking forward to seeing this one. I bought the book just before moving and it’s in some storage in San Diego.
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Yeah I can be old fashioned. But then again, movies come and go on streaming services, and go up and down in price for no apparent reason. One investment in a disc and I have it for the rest of my life. :tease:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

I read the book and am looking forward to seeing the movie. Great book. I hope the movie producers/ directors at least put it in the ball park of the book.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Stikpusher wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:22 am
keavdog wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:47 pm Disc. Lol. Dinosaur :giggles:
Looking forward to seeing this one. I bought the book just before moving and it’s in some storage in San Diego.
Yeah I can be old fashioned. But then again, movies come and go on streaming services, and go up and down in price for no apparent reason. One investment in a disc and I have it for the rest of my life. :tease:
I but the DVD/Blue Ray of movies that I really like so that I can watch them whenever I want.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

The one bad thing about this is we all know what the ending is :shutup:
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

That’s the the thing with true stories, you know how it’s gonna end before you go in to see the film if you already know the tale. It’s up to the film makers to tell the story in the best way possible.

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Looking forward to this - I read the book a few years back and really enjoyed it. Does the film have the side story of the infantry soldiers?
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Yes, but I suspect that a lot of what was in the book about them was not filmed or ended up on the editing room floor.

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Stikpusher wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:31 am That’s the the thing with true stories, you know how it’s gonna end before you go in to see the film if you already know the tale. It’s up to the film makers to tell the story in the best way possible.
That is why I don't mind spoilers. It's not what happens in the story that matters to me. While I do enjoy a great story; I am far more interested in how the director tells it.

Looking forward to getting the book and seeing the movie.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Free Discussion”