Don't throw shade on the Monogram P-47

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
cbaltrin
Master Member

Re: Don't throw shade on the Monogram P-47

Post by cbaltrin »

Stikpusher wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:22 pm Nah, I would never do so. I love that kit. Even if I am a few years older than it is, according to Scalemates :whistle:

BTW, that is a beautiful job that you did with your Monogram Jug! Love that checkered cowling! :wub:
Thanks Stik, oh yea, checkered cowlings, one more reason I don't look at ref photos to closely :wink:
Big Joe: 'You just keep those Tigers busy and we'll take care of the rest.'
Oddball: 'The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me...'

My Stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... 53&p=stash
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

I'm another that supports the idea of bringing back la Familia here. Maybe once we're 'made' we can get a small badge or something added to our signature or badge or someplace that it can be seen. That way new members might be encouraged to ask what it is and join la Familia!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Speaking of La Familia... I have a true story.

I met my wife through friends and knew she was Italian when I first dated her. I’ve gotten to know her family along the way. Dated in ‘87, married in ‘94. With that being said, I’m married into an Italian family. That’s a lot coming from humble little ol’ me being half Polish, 1/4 English and 1/4 German. It’s not a bad thing but lemme tell ya, it’s pure entertainment.
I once told my wife I needed not to watch soap opera because her WHOLE family is like watching a soap opera 24/7, 365 days a year! LOL!

So come June 11th of this year, we will celebrate our 29th wedding anniversary.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn

Return to “Member's Gallery”