Mayberry Street Coastline Cottage

Here is the place to show off the progress on your figurines and dioramas.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Mayberry Street Coastline Cottage

Post by BlackSheep214 »

This is a little different challenge for me. Yup... it is a miniature dollhouse. I got this for my wife for Christmas when she couldn’t make up her mind which one to get back in August. So I made the choice. Here’s the kit...

What’s included in it....

The contents....

I went and bought a new cutting board for this build since mine is strictly for my own builds. The tools that’s included in the kit...

Yeah.... that yellow ruler isn’t gonna cut it for me. Too flimsy and made of thin plastic. So, I bought a new metal ruler for this project as seen in the photo above.
The tweezers I’ll keep for myself after its all done. (Bonus tool! :giggles:)

The scissors are pathetic. The screwdriver is for installing the battery box since this cottage comes with batteries to power the mini lightbulbs.
Last edited by BlackSheep214 on Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
LyleW
Admin

Re: Mayberry Street Coastlines Cottage

Post by LyleW »

Wasn’t it Monty Python that said, “And now for something completely different.”....fun project.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

All surfaces are paper to glue on particle board walls, floors, furniture, etc..

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

My wife has done a couple of those little dollhouse-ettes. Different company but same idea. She did this greenhouse
and a crazy little kitchenette she installed behind a fake outlet in the wall based off this awesome video
https://www.facebook.com/nafiannamusic/ ... 482426798/
Not sure if we have pics or video, I'll have to poke around
Thanks,
John
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: Mayberry Street Coastline Cottage

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Started building the large sofa (no pics yet). Boy howdy... talk about a learning curve. There's two kinds of foam for the cushion - the base foam which is kind of a solid soft foam. On top of that, a pillow cotton kind. Then the fabric has to be made via template to fit the cushions and back. Wut???

Nope. It'll be too small/short to fit if I used the template. So I cut a square or rectangle big enough to fit and glue to cover completely. Pics to follow....

After the sofa is done, I'm going to turn my attention in building the cottage itself. I'll deal with the furniture and accessories last since they are time consuming to build.

BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Who knew this was going to be a bear of a build. I've been working on this off and on these last few weeks. White glue tends to cause wrinkles on paper sheets in each dried. Started using double sided tape from here on out. The couch has been fighting me. Fabric is a biatch to glue folds to form cushions. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :whiteflag: :whiteflag: :whiteflag:

Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

You're much braver than I am.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault

Return to “Work In Progress: Figures and Dios”