Guys, be careful...more careful than me

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
LyleW
Admin

Re: Guys, be careful...more careful than me

Post by LyleW »

Stikpusher wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:43 pm Lyle, a long time ago, my training officers told me to trust my gut. Now many years later, I listen to both. My gut has gotten bigger, but my thrust hasn’t. Trust must be earned in life, as you well know.
All sort of alarms going off. I’m only out what it took to clean the computer.
Tojo72 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:03 am Just delete everything not familiar.Texts,emails,links,anything.
Don't engage in phone conversations,they can record your voice saying yes or okay and use that to sign you up for something

Really sorry you got embroiled in that mess.
Thanks, Tony. I do delete this stuff if it is recognized.
Floki wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:49 am Wow so many red flags! I'm glad you're getting it sorted out. In the future if you get something like this call Paypal CS from a number on Paypals website and not from the email they should be able to sort things out in a few minutes. If all else fails go straight to your bank or CC company.
Thanks, Clint. The big mistake was calling the number on the email. I knew better.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Tojo72
Master Member

Post by Tojo72 »

Hey,they tried this PayPal scam on me today,got an email invoice.I deleted it,went to my real PayPal account and all was well.

So be careful.
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Well done Tony. Rule of thumb is don't open/answer it if you don't know who it's from. Never click on a link from an email.
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
SteveSki
Advanced Member

Post by SteveSki »

Yep, good thing for junk mail drawers. Any time I see something I know I had no association with I delete the item and check independently to verify if any hanky-panky was going on. Some of these emails are getting very sophisticated. When in doubt, trash it.
Give Blood, Play Rugby, cause everyone knows football is for wimps!

Return to “Free Discussion”