Betty Jane

Stikpusher

Re: Betty Jane

Post by Stikpusher »

Well, you’re making progress Bruce! Looks like you’re about ready to do some gluing on this one.

As far as my old Mustang build goes, it may be in my old builds gallery somewhere, but here it is on a topside view from sometime about 15 or so years ago….

I remember building this one, scribing on surface detail in place of the molded on raised lines, while watching our tanks roll into Bagdhad live…. :hmm:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

:shoutout:

Bravo!

She’s a beauty, Carlos. Here’s my mix ZCY (top L) against two period photos of the actual paint mix. I know there wasn’t one standard, but I feel pretty confident that mine works. I will probably start by testing my Sherwin Williams wing silver and my ZCY on the underside wing. If I screw up, it will be less noticeable.

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Very nice! I am giddy with excitement! You Ned the orange wheels, too.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Bruce that ZYC mix of yours looks close enough for government work. :wink:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Good to see some progress Bruce!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Amazing work already Bruce! Wow, what a great Thread this is! I also saw that amazing stories episode and always want to believe it is true.

I think your zinc chromate yellow is spot on too! Keep it coming Bruce!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Gents! I’ve been trying to find a moment to spray the zinc chromate yellow as well as the two silvers. I wake up early enough but I can’t set up on my patio due to the rain. I am going to try painting the pilot first, so if anyone has any advice for figure painting, I sure could use some!

Here’s a collage showcasing Monogram’s instructions, including a look at the final painted figure as well!

Thanks in advance!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Regarding painting the pilot, after assembly, paint the face first then work outwards. Do some variations in the browns to show different items of gear.

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Thanks so much, Carlos!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Good work, Bruce! More, please. If it ever stops raining.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..

Return to “W.I.P. Monogram Mafia”