Tamiya M41 Walker Bulldog-Ending at last!

Here is the place to show off the progress of your armor builds
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Re: Tamiya M41 Walker Bulldog-Ending at last!

Post by Gary Brantley »

Stikpusher wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:20 pm Gary, that looks top notch between your build work and the photography! I can practically hear the scene in Full Metal Jacket in my head looking at your photos with the factory setting. :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
Carlos, that really means a lot to me. :bow: Thank you so much! I don't want to seem immodest, but I think it's the best model I've done so far, and I really can't believe I haven't futzed it up somehow. And that's still a possibility; just last night, I messed up on of those radio aerials while trying to "fix" that damned M2 and had to repair it then. That thin barrel still wants to curve upward after its been straightened out, every time. :headbang: I believe I'll make one more effort at that, just before the next photo session. :wink:

I also have to admit that that scene in FMJ has come to mind more than once for me too. :wink: :grin: There is a distinctly similar "feel" to that location in the movie, I've sure noticed that (and that's probably why I picked it for the photo background. :grin: )

Full Metal Jacket factory scene location:

Still shot of a Walker Bulldog from Full Metal Jacket:

Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Is that you John Wayne?

Great looking photos Gary, and a fantastic looking model!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Stuart wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:32 am Is that you John Wayne?

Great looking photos Gary, and a fantastic looking model!
Is that you John Wayne?

"That'll be the day!" :lol:

Thank you very much Stuart! :bow: I am pretty pleased with it. You know what they say, even a blind hog finds an acorn now and then. :grin:
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Funny, around here it's a squirrel that finds the acorn. I know, don't mess with Texas!
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

So many quotes from that movie! We used to run a counterstrike source game server way back and had all the gunny's quotes from the movie to play during game play. It was hilarious.
Thanks,
John
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

jeaton01 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:13 am Funny, around here it's a squirrel that finds the acorn. I know, don't mess with Texas!
I think it's because we have so many pigs here in Texas. I know I grew up hearing my Dad use that expression, quite frequently. :grin:
Here are some recent porcine visitors to one of my feeders:

keavdog wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:49 am
So many quotes from that movie! We used to run a counterstrike source game server way back and had all the gunny's quotes from the movie to play during game play. It was hilarious.
FMJ is a good movie. One just has to get through boot camp first in order to enjoy the rest. That part is mighty intense. :wink: Hey, sort of like the real Army, eh? :grin:

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”