Monogram Blue Angels F/A-18A, 1987

Stikpusher

Re: Monogram Blue Angels F/A-18A, 1987

Post by Stikpusher »

Medicman71 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:29 am So super shiny!! How did you get it like that?
The was strictly the paint - Humbrol gloss enamel. I have never seen shinier gloss paint. I airbrushed it on using Testors universal enamel airbrush thinner. I save that stuff for special jobs like this, since once my can is gone, that's it, no replacement unless I stumble across some in a shop.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

For the purposes of this GB, I am calling this one completed.

oh yeah, upon emptying the box today, I found the original purchase receipt buried under everything. I bought it from a great shop, long gone now… it sat in my stash for nearly 23 years…

I’ll get a proper multi view photo post up in the completed section tomorrow…
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Those were the days when model kits were affordable... :giggles:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Right? Under $10 for a 1/48 jet? 😏

FLSM

Return to “W.I.P. Monogram Mafia”