Fugitaboudit!
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: The Crew

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Cool!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
cbaltrin
Master Member

Post by cbaltrin »

Stikpusher wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:53 pm Well, I’ve decided on my second kit…

I’ll kick it off in another week or so when I get one current project finished.
I'm noticing a blue theme to your recent builds Carlos... Have fun with it. Nice kit.
Big Joe: 'You just keep those Tigers busy and we'll take care of the rest.'
Oddball: 'The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me...'

My Stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... 53&p=stash
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Awesome selection Carlos! I'm still only about a third done with my first one. Still haven't found a second Monogram kit yet...

I'll keep you all posted.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks guys!

CB, funny thing is, the blue paint that I just used on the Thunderstreak gave me the idea. Simple monotone scheme with some trim color, no ordnance or pylons to mess with. Aircraft are kept immaculate, so no weathering…. :hmm: I built the first production variant kit of the Hornet that Monogram did many years back, so I vaguely remember it being a good build.

I hear ya Mark. I’m at least at the point where I think I’m on the downhill leg of the build now…
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

What paints are you going to use for the scheme?
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Im gonna use that Humbrol Midnight Blue that I base coated my Thunderstruck with, which is an exact match for Blue Angels Blue. I have some Model Master Blue Angels Yellow in my paints still... Tamiya X-8 is also supposed to be a match if my Model Master paint has not survived...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

I'm gonna have to find the colors for a Blue Angles jet. I don't think I have anything in my paints.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Tamiya or Humbrol make the colors. Mr Color does make the Blue, not sure if one of their Yellows will work.

FLSM
cbaltrin
Master Member

Post by cbaltrin »

Well boys, I think I am gonna throw in the towel. :bag: That Skyraider build really drained my mojo. I just can't motivate myself to pick up that P-51B.. at least not for quite a while. ... It's ok though... I had a blast with this GB just with the one completion. It was the most modeling fun I have had in quite some time and nobody can take that away, not even if I'm left sleeping with the fishes :whistle: :ballbat: I also have another problem in that I started up two GB's on that other site and have not completed anything yet for either of them -- which is pretty bad if you are the host !
Big Joe: 'You just keep those Tigers busy and we'll take care of the rest.'
Oddball: 'The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me...'

My Stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... 53&p=stash
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Some other time... At least you got one in and had fun. I had the "incomplete" happen with a few GBs that I ran over there.

FLSM

Return to “Monogram Mafia”