Monogram De Havilland Mosquito FB VI-Silver wings!

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Re: Monogram De Havilland Mosquito FB VI-Silver wings!

Post by Gary Brantley »

Thanks Lyle, John and Carlos! That canopy turned out pretty good for me. And, I suspect the new airbrush contributed to that success. With my old Paasche H, I needed a lot of air; the Gaahleri happily runs on around 8 psi. It allows me to lay the paint on thinner and builds up less, giving a sharper, cleaner edge when lifted and less chance for paint blow under. The Kitmasx masks fit fine in my opinion and were certainly faster than doing it "freehand". Combining them with the new AB gave good results! :grin:

I'm pretty happy with how the Skeeter turned out. :grin: I'll be glad when I get a chance to take some pics!
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Looks good, Gary. Wait… you ain't done yet??? :giggles:

Can’t wait to see the finished build.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Thank you, Tom! 🥃 Yep, she is done. I even crowded up some models and made a place for her in one of the displays. I may try a sneak preview pic tomorrow, thanks for your interest. :grin:
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Time to head to the airfield. 😉
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

:lol: Yeah, I'm getting right on that, Carlos! :wink: It's only 19* this morning and feels like -4*...I believe I'd have the whole place to myself! :grin:
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I remember those types of temperatures… :hmm: and I won’t live anywhere that gets them now… :tease:

Perhaps by Groundhog Day ;)
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Pffftttt…that’s the trouble with you snowbirds. Can’t handle the cold like us. Although we haven’t had minus zero temps like the Midwest has been getting last week. I remember those days in the bitter cold in New York State…
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Snowbirds?! Those are the fools who make everything crowded around here at this time of year and can't handle the summer heat... come late spring and they head north with the geese... :bye:

FLSM

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”