Air-Lines Brand

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
LyleW
Admin

Air-Lines Brand

Post by LyleW »

Anyone heard of this brand?

According to Scalemates, this boxin is from 1966, a whopping 58 years ago. It looks it! Original kit was a FROG kit from 1963.

To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: Air-Lines Brand

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Wow… what a find. Never heard of that kit brand. I’m always looking for vintage model kits of any subject because they’re still out there. Garage sales, estate sales, antique stores where owners have zero knowledge of model kits, etc….

I’ve got a co-worker who knows I build model kits and says he and his wife always go to garage sales and estate sales all the time and keeps an eye out on any he finds. He knows to check the contents before paying for it. He will text me if he found something worth getting. Thus far he hasn’t found any.

My sister also hunts for vintage model kits constantly since she and her friend are thrift store/antique store shopping junkies.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

I have heard of them and even built a couple of their old kits. They are very basic in detail, meaning almost none at all in the cockpits etc. but they do build well into very nice looking models. I believe Airfix has re-popped a couple of their line over the years.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Nope, new one on me - I love the boxart!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Duke Maddog wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:56 am I have heard of them and even built a couple of their old kits. They are very basic in detail, meaning almost none at all in the cockpits etc. but they do build well into very nice looking models. I believe Airfix has re-popped a couple of their line over the years.
I don’t need detail! Looks to be okay.
Stuart wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:35 pm Nope, new one on me - I love the boxart!
Pretty cool, huh?
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Very! Love the B-26!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/

Return to “Free Discussion”